About the job
The position is responsible for effectively implementing educational and community activities, research projects and related programmatic activities for the Institute of Population Health (IPH).
- Develops IPH policies and procedures with well-defined goals and objectives to strengthen the delivery and operations of IPH activities.
- Recommends enhancements or develops and implements new IPH programs per the objectives. Monitors delivery and evaluation of the IPH programs.
- Creates collaborations and partnerships with local and global institutions, communities, and internal stakeholders.
- Guides the team, college faculty members, physicians, residents, and students regarding various IPH activities and consults with other local affiliates and their staff as necessary.
- Oversees communications for the IPH team through various platforms such as the IPH website updates, newsletter, or scholarly articles.
- Manages written correspondences, policy documents, reports, research proposals and articles and conducts literature reviews as required.
- Oversees the Continuous Professional Development (CPD)/Continuous Medical Education (CME) application process for IPH.
- Implements and monitors the life cycle of designated projects under IPH.
- Oversees data compilation, report preparation and analyses and presents data, including annual report preparation.
- Manages student global health service learning, research and education programs and other global health educational opportunities led by the IPH team.
- Supports IPH and medical school education programs as required.
- Assists the team in preparing presentations, researching literature, and maintaining and updating IPH educational and administrative resources.
- Supports IPH budgeting and is responsible for monitoring financial operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- MBBS or equivalent with 5-6 years of overall experience, including experience as an administrator, public health researcher and/or educator, or medical practitioner in a clinical setting, medical school, or health-related organization. A Master’s Degree in a population health-related discipline is preferred.
- Prior experience in Qatar’s global health efforts, including international experience.
- Track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals, reports and articles in reputed forums.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent project management skills, including planning, coordination, leadership, and mentoring.
- Ability to manage budgets and track project financials.
- Ability to work with broad and diverse research communities and institutions.
- Advanced organizational, communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a result-oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of a second WHO EMRO region (Arabic, Urdu etc.) language would be advantageous.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.