About the job
About the role
You will be Working within a digital optimization unit, UX Research Specialist will play a pivotal role in conducting qualitative and quantitative research to understand and improve the user experience across all Qatar Airways’ digital channels and touch points, (Qatarairways.com, App). Collaborating with the Design teams, they will be responsible for designing and executing research studies, gathering market and customer insights on user trends and behaviors, and providing actionable recommendations to enhance the digital user experience as well as actin as a conduit between Optimization, UX and Product areas.
Other key responsibilities are:
- Designing and executing qualitative research studies, such as user interviews, usability testing, and ethnographic research with pain points and satisfaction levels, to gain deep insights into user needs, behaviors, and preferences on qatarairways.com, the Qatar Airways mobile app, and other digital channels.
- Collaborating with product managers, UX/UI designers and other stakeholders to identify research objectives and define appropriate methodologies to address key UX-related questions and challenges.
- Effectively communicate research findings, insights, and recommendations to product managers and other relevant stakeholders including senior leadership team through clear and compelling reports, presentations, and other means of communication.
- Analysing qualitative data collected from research studies, employing rigorous methods such as thematic analysis, affinity diagramming, and persona development, to uncover meaningful patterns, insights, and opportunities for improving the digital user experience.
- Collaborating with UX and UI designers, as well as research teams, to translate research findings into actionable recommendations for content and functionality enhancements.
- Working with line manager to create and maintain a source of truth repository of research.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams to incorporate user feedback to ensure user-centric requirements are integrated into the design and iterate on designs, driving continuous improvement of the digital user experience.
- Continuously monitoring and benchmark UX and content practices against leaders in the travel and hospitality industry, identifying best practices and innovative approaches to inform research/testing strategies and methodologies, and proactively apply insights and techniques.
- Analyzing and synthesizing data through Experience Research and User Testing tools such as Userlytics/User Zoom/TryMyUl and Quantum metric to deliver easy-read reports with actionable insights to product managers and relevant stakeholders.
- Performing other department duties related to his/her position as directed b the Head of the Department
We are looking for a passionate and experienced professional to join the Digital Enablement Team.
- Previous work experience in a digital optimization or user experience role within a fast-paced, cross functional team environment.
- Hands-on experience with UX Research methodologies and Experience in Research platforms such as Userlytics/User Zoom/TryMyUl.
- Experience with data analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics.
- Ability to turn raw and complex data into easy-to-read actionable insights. Excellent communication skills.
- High command of English written and spoken language
- Stakeholder management: ability to work with cross-functional teams and manage expectations both with peers and management
- Strategic collaboration: Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and act as a strategic partner
- Presentation & Storytelling skills: ability to lead presentations and effectively translate data into actionable plans
- Workshop facilitation and coaching skills: ability to coach and train all levels of employees on subject expert knowledge
- Qualitative and quantitative analytics skills: Ability to consolidate and analyze data from multiple sources, critical and strategic thinker with a focus on user centric design