About the job
You will provide mechanical engineering services to Worley and its customers, including technical support and supervision within the mechanical engineering team.
- Knows the project and discipline scope/cost/time requirements, assists the team to meet expectations, and coordinates with other disciplines to ensure project success.
- Implements innovative solutions, technology advances, and methods to effectively deal with working out of sequence.
- Supports Lead Engineer in monitoring quality activities and takes action where required.
- Assist Project Team in project documentation such as proposals, estimates, budgets and schedules.
- Manage mechanical-static design and any design changes within budget and schedule.
- Prepare and participate in weekly mechanical discipline meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures.
- Review and approve all related technical documents and coordinate with the Lead Engineer.
- Management, technical execution and completion of engineering assigned tasks in the specific mechanical-static discipline area.
- Provide static equipment engineering input to conceptual studies, front end engineering and detailed engineering design for petrochemical, refineries and oil & gas facilities including the associated utilities.
- Gathers data from multiple sources and prepares engineering studies, analyses, calculations.
- Determines technical issues, defines alternate solutions, establishes pros/cons for multiple solutions, and makes recommendations through official project documents such as technical queries, technical deviations, etc.
- Creates final documentation incorporating all relevant information and pursues customer approval.
- Reviews documentation to assist others and reviews/authorizes work done by direct reports.
- Evaluate new technology advancements against existing design standards and revise where applicable.
- Identify and review new technology development which could be applicable in providing more cost-effective facilities
- Perform discipline specific engineering services such as:
- Identify and report changes to project scope;
- Assist with the preparation of detailed designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations and reports.
- Provide assistance during procurement, construction and commissioning activities.
- Perform engineering design deliverables, including static equipment selection and specification, design development in collaboration with designers and coordination with other project discipline.
- Assisting the project engineers in the co-ordination and preparation of input into the contract documents for each discipline area, including design criteria, scope of work, procedures and design approach.
- Liaison and co-ordination with other engineers and discipline groups on the contract to effect timely production of deliverables.
- Be the focal point for ensuring all integrity related issues are managed and that the appropriate support is provided to the operations team.
- Analyze integrity data, identify hazards and make recommendations for mitigating risks.
- Evaluate integrity assessment results to identify the need for additional preventive maintenance, the need for rerating of the equipment, determining the remaining operational life, determining the optimum re-assessment interval and appropriate re-assessment methods, and any rehabilitative efforts to maintain asset integrity.
- Conduct special studies and analysis in a specialized Integrity Management, such as Fitness for Service evaluations, Crack Management, Corrosion Assessment, etc.
- Leads and recommends new continuous improvement solutions for installations or modifications to improve existing facilities and standardization within specific fields of endeavor. Estimates costs, prepares justifications, and completes expenditure requests as required.
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Responsible for personal safety safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures
- Promoting health, safety and environmental awareness.
What You Will Bring
Industry Specific Experience:
- FEED and detailed engineering experience essential.
- Recent experience in an engineering consultancy in a multidiscipline environment is essential.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Full-Time Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage.
- Maintain HSE focus with the team to ensure OHSE requirements.
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world’s best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
- personal well-being;
- healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
- Continuously improve Worley health, safety and environmental performance.
- Identify and report work hazards and incidents.