About the job
As Qatar Duty Free Spa Supervisor, you will be Responsible for supervising spa operations, ensuring guest satisfaction and coordinating team member responsibilities. They will supervise, coach and support staff in their assigned duties. Carry out end-of-shift reports to provide essential information to the Spa Manager and management team members.
Key accountabilities include
- Support the Spa Manager in building a high-performing team that works collaboratively by exemplifying excellent guest service.
- Supervise daily spa operations and ensure excellent service is consistently delivered to all guests.
- Conduct daily briefings to all staff along with the Assistant Spa Manager and Spa Manager.
- Implement a daily / weekly / monthly cleaning and maintenance check list for all relevant employees and ensure it is acted upon.
- Supervise a team with diverse talents and responsibilities, supporting team members in their daily tasks and ensuring operations run smoothly.
- Support the Spa Manager in ensuring that all staff are properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively perform their jobs.
- Monitor and ensure correct implementation of the spa’s operating procedures and staff are trained and competent with all spa procedures.
- Assign daily tasks to team members per Spa Manager’s guidelines and promote a positive and healthy working environment.
- Perform any management-related task that may be requested by the Spa Manager, such as monitoring inventory counts or staff scheduling.
- Resolving guest complaints and communicating with the Spa Manager regarding the issue and resolution in a timely manner
- Perform same activities and tasks as team members, including treatments and services, retail sales and bookings, according to the needs that may arise.
- Have full understanding and knowledge of the spa facilities and services provided.
- Ensure all the spa areas are clean and tidy and maintain hygiene guidelines.
- Complete shift reports for the Spa Manager.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
High School Qualification/ Vocational Qualification/ Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on role) with Minimum 3 years of job-related experience
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 2 years of job -related experience
- Beauty and/or spa therapist and/or barber qualification
- Spa supervision experience in a luxury standard spa
- Experience managing a large team is an advantage
- Qualification in hospitality and/or sales is an advantage
- Luxury retail experience is an advantage