About the job
As Junior Sous Chef within Bakery & Pastry, you will be responsible for operation for the assigned section in all shifts in terms of Manpower and workflow. You will maintain the section to be equally manned in all shifts in order to check that meals are prepared in all shifts as per the production plan and within HACCP guidelines.
- Check all meals prepared in his/her section as per airline specifications by following standard recipes.
- Check and maintain food orders for Amiri and VVIP flight preparations.
- Support Sous Chefs for planning during menu presentations by making sure all relevant menu items are prepared and collected
- Support Sous Chefs to evaluate the requirements of the section in terms of manpower and equipment for upcoming new cycle changes.
- Update together with Stores department to ensure the availability of raw materials, 72 hours before the menu start date.
- Ensure that all flights in the shift should be provided with requirements on time with Zero delays.
- Working with the Sous Chef to ensure the consistent and smooth running of food production based on the agreed production plan and handover process for the assigned area.
- Provide constant supervision to ensure that designated food production areas are operating to the required standards throughout. Organize the smooth operation of Amiri and other private flights from the section.
- Keep a proper update on any unresolved issues and to be reported to the Sous Chef or higher level.
- Check all prepared dishes are served at the correct portion size as per airline specifications and maintain quality and temperature.
- Check that all Health and Safety regulations and guidelines are implemented, adhered to and reviewed regularly, with respect to section staff, machinery, equipment and hygiene.
High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on Role) with Minimum 3 years of job-related experience OR Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 2 years of job-related experience.
- Good working knowledge of Food and Beverages
- Basic Food Hygiene & HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) skills
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Must be keenly aware of new trends and directions in the fine dining service industry
- Computer literate
- Ability to effectively supervise and train a large diverse work staff and experience in managing in a high-pressure environment
- Planning and supervisory skills