About the job
About The Role
Qatar Airways is pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our Technical Engineering team as a Licensed Aircraft Technician – Workshops.
As a Licensed Aircraft Technician – Workshops, you will be responsible for carrying out maintenance work on aircraft components and certifying the work. You will also be responsible for directly guiding or supporting the work performed by the mechanics by providing specialized technical knowledge.
Specific Responsibilities For The Role Include
Ensures that all aircraft components maintenance work is accomplished in accordance with laid down policies and procedures to achieve the highest quality product.
- Responsible for completion and certification of scheduled/unscheduled aircraft and component maintenance assigned tasks by exercising the authorization privilege to meet operational needs.
- Advise any impending work-related problems that can create an impact on work progression to the engineer in charge and implement solutions to problems using expertise and knowledge.
- Ensure that all tools and equipment used are properly calibrated and serviceable before and after use through close monitoring, in order to comply with quality requirements.
- Responsible for on time completion of scheduled/unscheduled aircraft and component maintenance assigned tasks to meet relevant internal customers’ operational requirements (such as supply chain, Line, and Base maintenance) under their authorization.
- Responsible for optimizing manpower utilization and all available resources through roster management techniques to maintain proper production flow path and to meet on-time release.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
Relevant College or University qualification with a minimum 4 years of job-related experience.
- Holding valid NDT qualifications/approval + NDT experience with a minimum of 3 years on wide-body aircraft.
- Holder of minimum 1 level 2 NDT Methods Qualification, proven track record in the field of light/heavy / Workshops maintenance environment.
- Experience in performing NDT inspection of Airbus or Boeing aircraft engines, parts or structures.
- Knowledge of aircraft maintenance fundamentals and procedures.
- Knowledge of air legislation.
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance, operation and proper handling.