About the job
- Experience in Contract types including: FIDIC and Government forms
- Review on budget estimates and cash flow.
- Preparation and update of elemental and detail cost plans.
- Assist in tender evaluation
- Cost monitoring and reporting
- Preparation and valuation of progress and final payments.
- Technical auditing
- Provide Quantity Surveying support related to the project(s)
- Prepare / review Bills of Quantities in a timely manner
- Provide assistance in verifying claims, payments, variations, addendum, extension of time contractual issues in accordance with Authority policies and guidelines for projects
- Liaising with End-user Department of Company and other discipline to resolve and close actions
- To continually seek and capture lessons learned from the cost, financial, and procurement processes and use this intelligence to alter the process, tools and systems in order to improve the approach to delivering the projects
- Provide cost reporting for project(s)
- Review and make recommendations on payments in a timely manner
- Final settlement claims and assist in contract close-out procedures
- Track all commercial actions to ensure completion in a timely manner
- Should have a BSc degree in QS or equivalent from recognized university with MRICS or MAIQS professional qualification.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Shall have minimum of 15 years demonstrable postgraduate experience in all facets of the Quantity Surveying profession; all of which shall have been applicable to the capacity of a professional Quantity Surveyor working in a professional Consultancy practice or Employers’ organization.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in procurement methods for consultancy and construction contracts as well as International contracting conditions and laws.
- Preferably, have minimum 5 years’ experience in the gulf region