About the job
This role is responsible for leading the Strategic Sourcing function covering the products related to Shared Services. The role covers end to end sourcing from supplier selection through to negotiation and completion.
• Inputs into the overall Ooredoo strategic sourcing policy; determines strategy to be utilized for Shared Services sourcing specifically.
• Develops savings targets and related action plans for allocated categories / Business units on an annual rolling basis.
• Aligns strategic procurement decisions with Group (OG) and business units.
• Liaises with relevant functions to receive sourcing requests and ensures they are implemented swiftly and accurately.
• Establishes cross-functional sourcing teams to execute processes in response to internal requests. • Manages the tender processes / quotes documents and vendor negotiation.
• Manages the production of RFQ’s processes and procurement ensuring they follow international best practice standards for transparency and fairness.
• Undertakes vendor selection analysis for allocated categories/products in order for sound recommendations to be made to the superior for approval.
• Inputs into the development and implementation of a cross functional process for measuring supplier performance ensuring there is a process for liaison and input from internal clients with regards performance inputs.
• Instills within the department a supplier relationship management philosophy which will facilitate communication between internal customers and suppliers; sharing areas for improvement and partnership working to improve performance.
• Manages the process for supplier certification and supplier audits ensuring the outputs are captured, analyzed, communicated and actions identified are taken.
• Evaluates sourcing strategies based on changing market conditions and makes any necessary changes to ensure that Ooredoo is always ‘ahead of the game’ and is proactive in its management of its activities.
• Selects and prioritizes strategic sourcing initiatives for allocated products.
• Manages the reporting requirements for the function and tracks compliance.
• Ensures that best in class processes, procedures and tools for category management of high value products and services are implemented.
• Monitors and pushes through adequate controls to ensure quality and best prices.
• Constantly seeks to update own knowledge and that of others within the department in relation to industry standards for Strategic Sourcing of high value products or services.
• Oversees the management of new supplier sourcing on a continuous basis to ensure that Ooredoo has a stream of potential suppliers for all products in order to be able to deliver customer requirements at all times.
• Oversees the establishment and management of a strategic sourcing vendor database related to allocated categories/products.
• Ensures the day-to-day operations are maintained in line with the required standards of Ooredoo to deliver the highest level of service to internal customers whilst at the same time building supplier relationships to ensure that Ooredoo’s suppliers become long term business partners.
• Manages, motivates, and appraises staff within the unit ensuring they have in place personal objectives and goals, and individual development plans, to ensure they perform to the highest standard at all times.
Minimum Entry Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Engineering or Management.
Minimum Experience, Essential Knowledge & Skills:
10 years’ experience in a similar role.
Experience in a Strategic Sourcing function for high value technical products with a significant understanding of Contract negotiations to international industry standards.