About the job
About The Role
As the Manager Mobile & Innovation you will be shaping the vision and evolution of the Qatar Airways consumer mobile app to a travel and lifestyle companion. You will be responsible to drive the digital direct revenue growth through developing a digital services platform that enables the delivery and operation of best-in-class mobile sales and self-servicing tools and trip management products. Provide strategic leadership for the long term vision and architecture of the platform that will integrate a variety of web and consumer mobile products with a specific focus on performance and scalability, and ensure digital experience, profitability and time to market in line with digital product strategy and commercial vision.
Other Key Strategic & Operational Accountabilities
- Define a mobile app and services platform feature and architecture strategy to support digital commerce goals and vision.
- Develop and maintain a platform and product roadmap to achieve digital product goals and remove blockers. Follow industry trends and technology advancements to identify potential disruptive digital services and solutions that can be adopted.
- Analyse options for new product business cases to determine delivery model and target architecture.
- Allow product teams to leverage platform capabilities by communicating clearly and accurately in internal publications and documentations.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Train and develop other employees, to ensure succession planning is in place.
- To be committed and contribute to the National talent development, by coaching the national developees, preparing them for a career with boundless potential. Leading to the program’s continued growth and success.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced professional to join the Digital Product Team.
- Min. bachelor’s degree qualification.
- 8+ years of job related experience.
- In depth understanding of airline sales marketing and distribution mechanisms.
- Experience in defining and delivering innovative mobile experiences
- Affinity for mobile technology, working with new disruptive products and technologies.
- Solid knowledge of core airline systems and applications.
- Previous experience in managing mobile product(s) preferably in the travel industry.