About the job
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Mechanical Engineer to join our team! In this role, you will get to conduct and support the delivery of complete mechanical designs such as HVAC, Public Health & Fire protection systems across discipline projects as well as various pumping station projects for sewerage, surface water and treated effluent.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Carry out complete Mechanical, Plumbing & Firefighting discipline designs to required standards and quality.
- Carry out mechanical design for pumping stations & treatment plants to PWA standards and quality as and when assigned by the team lead.
- Coordination with other Discipline Engineers as applicable.
- Coordinate with CAD Technicians concerning project requirements and timelines.
- Ensure statutory and regulatory requirements are met in all designs.
- Support the project submittals and No Objection Certificates (NOC) process to the relevant Authorities.
- Stay updated with relevant technical developments within the discipline.
- Adapt and learn software to carryout steady state and transient analysis for pumping stations.
- Understand the contract and scope of project deliverables.
- Ensure that Health & Safety is embedded into all work practices in line with company policies.
- Provide regular work status updates, including risks or concerns, to Seniors or MEP manager.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- At least 7-10 years of overall experience.
- Extensive experience in design development.
- Advanced proficiency in relevant software including AutoCAD, BIM/Revit, HAP, HEVACOP, IES, HASS etc.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Extensive experience in Doha/Qatar is highly preferred.
- Must be MME registered.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:
- Attend and contribute to team and project meetings as required.
- Complete accurate time sheets by set deadline.