About the job
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Hydraulic Modeler to join our team! In this role you will get to performing gravity and pressurized networks hydraulic modelling, applying engineering techniques and analyses of wet utility networks on roadway projects.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- The Hydraulic Modeler will be responsible in providing relevant calculations, drawings, specifications and other associated documents and ensure they are technically correct, complete and clearly presented.
- Independently perform gravity and pressurized networks hydraulic modelling tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Completes complex and layouts for complete systems and components of a project. Assignments typically involve design elements for which there may be no clearly established precedents and require anticipation of problems at the outset in order to provide appropriate solutions.
- Ensures compliance with required specification, tolerances, safety factors and client requirements.
- Checks orthographic (2D) and isometric (3D) drawings prepared by others. May provide direction to a team of checking personal, ensuring the mathematical accuracy of the drawings produced.
- Collaborates with Drainage Engineers and other engineering disciplines to ensure quality of design.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Degree in Civil Engineering with 5 years of hands-on work experience in the field of storm water drainage design and hydraulic analysis and modeling.
- Must have experience with drainage software related to roadways / civil projects.
- GCC experience is an advantage.
- Has proven technical knowledge of specific subject areas pertaining drainage and hydraulic works and proven ability to use relevant software.
- Must be familiar with International Codes (AASHTO and BS etc.).
- Good report-writing and client liaison skills.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:
- Performs specialized design computations and analysis within the discipline.