About the job
About The Role
Qatar Airways are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our Flight Operations team as a Continuous Improvement Manager.
As a Continuous Improvement Manager, you will be responsible for pursuing continuous process innovation and business improvement which is crucial for an all-rounded processes framework. You will also assist in fostering a culture of sustainable change through the creation and embedding of a streamlined methodology and the supporting frameworks, to deliver business transformation.
Specific Responsibilities For The Role Include
- Develop a holistic understanding of how Flight Operations operates to fully grasp how changes in one area/ function may impact other parts of the business. To be able to tap synergies and prevent process conflicts this broad-spectrum of knowledge and keen insight is imperative.
- Identify core processes across Flight Operations, document them, create detailed process maps and associated materials which is crucial for standardization, process verification, determine accountability, and for regulatory requirements.
- Examine processes in detail to support IT projects; and/ or to provide transparency to management and cross functional teams.
- Support business teams with the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of inefficiencies within business processes and the identification of better ways of working.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop data-driven solutions to improve the quality of all work completed.
- Support the adoption and use of new processes in order to identify and deliver service improvement activity across the business, through employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking.
- Actively monitor project risks to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address in advance.
- Ensure learning and mentoring for the Lead Officers on the team.
- Support and assist the Manager Flight Operations Process Excellence through all Flight Operations initiatives as required.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Relevant College or University qualification to minimum Bachelor’s level with minimum 7 years of job-related experience.
- Lean / Six Sigma or equivalent qualification preferred with a minimum of 3 years of job-related experience in the airline industry.
- Solid experience in Business Process Modelling and Business Analysis.
- Experience of the whole project life cycle, able to operate in the initial conceptual design stage, in the depths of system testing, and at each stage in between.
- Possess experience setting up, facilitating, and leading service improvement/’WorkOut’ sessions, working groups or workshop with a range of business stakeholders.
- Possess experience in requirements gathering and requirements-definition in support of improved business processes or information systems.
- A ‘completer-finisher’ taking accountability for ideas from inception to delivery, in an environment that requires robust metrics to confirm success.
- Experience of designing or implementing a framework of continuous improvement in a cross functional organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of partners, senior managers, and subject matter experts.