About the job
What you will do
The Project Development Engineer has key a role in directly reporting to the Regional Estimation Manager. You will be based in the Qatar office and will be a part of the growing team and be responsible for driving the growth of business for the Install division segment of Building Technology and Solutions with a focus on Controls Systems.
You will be supporting the sales team on application-specific jobs and product information. As a member of this team, you will work within a vibrant environment that provides a platform for you to use your experience to support the team with the pre-sales/estimation.
How you will do it
As an Experienced Project Development Engineer, you need to have a good knowledge in designing building automation and lighting control systems. You will carry out site surveys for the assigned territory and involve subcontractors and vendors as required. You will be attending sales presentations with the Sales Engineers.
As a Project Development Engineer, you will be interacting with end users via phone or in-person to gather information regarding the specifications to be produced, and resolve problems. Previous experience in handling Johnson Controls- Metasys solutions will also add value. Market knowledge of different instruments’ solutions as part of building automation and related suppliers is essential. You will be using strong customer relationship skills to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders (suppliers and vendors).
As a Building Automation and Lighting Control system specialist, you will be leading the peer-to-peer meetings with Operations; Procurement, commercial team and other internal stakeholders as necessary to ensure project scope, objectives, timeline, and customer requirements are complied with as part of the solution proposed to the customer.
What we look for
- Degree – Electrical/Electronics/Instrumentations or similar
- 5+ Years of Qatar experience in Estimation of Building Automation and Lighting control systems.
- Negotiation skills and vendor management
- Proficient in using MS Office Suite, Visio and AutoCAD tools.
- Result-orientated, tenacious, self-motivated, strong synergy and a customer-focused approach.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – must be able to adapt working style to the personalities and work styles of our stakeholders and internal partners.
- Fluency in the English language is essential.
- Understanding of Install / Applied business.
- Must have a Qatar driving license.