About the job
The Head of Broadcast Systems is expected to draft and lead Al Jazeera’s vision of technology, namely, in the Broadcast Systems space. you will be an industry-savvy who will assist the organization in identifying where-to-plays, right-to-wins, and whitespaces to keep the Broadcast Systems services at their best. As the Head of Broadcast Systems you will also be leading end-to-end Broadcast support activities, identifying root causes for major incidents plan and oversees transformation into: SMPTE2110/IP, cloud media services, AI/ML with practical knowledge of Broadcast and IT alike.
- Ensure that the Al Jazeera Broadcast Systems and Infrastructure meet the needs of Al Jazeera and are maintained according to world‐class standards and efficiency.
- Make Broadcast Systems and Infrastructure compliant in all activities with organizational, security, architectural and other ITIL / ITSM policies and standards.
- Oversees the research of new technologies and solutions to transform into IP/SMPTE2110, cloud based media services and AI/ML for broadcast to empower journalists and other business units.
- Prepares budgets, cost benefit analysis, feasibility reports and impact studies of new solutions.
- Interfaces with senior management and stakeholders across the network to forecast and plan for future requirements of News, Editorial and other end‐users to facilitate coverage of breaking news and major events.
- Oversee integrated and structured performance systems and dashboard KPIs for all projects, systems, services, resources and targets and works with close coordination to all respective teams and stakeholders to monitor and optimize performance of the overall systems.
- Report and escalate services and systems performance KPI’s, risk register updates, develop and execute mitigation plans to deliver best‐in‐class media and broadcast technology systems and services.
- Foster a culture of excellence, trust, and responsibility within the Broadcast and Technology teams that aligns with Al Jazeera core values.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Electronics/Telecommunication/Broadcast Engineering or equivalent filed as a minimum
- At least 12+ years in a News/Sports/Entertainment channel in similar systems
- At least 6+ years in a team lead role