About the job
- Support analysis, identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities in order to enhance Ensure Personal Safety Process to foster and maintain Incident Injury Free work place.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s) – I
- Works independently in accordance with established policy to develop new and enhance existing procedures and processes.
- Develop solutions for emerging safety issues using initiative, standard procedures, best practices and personal expertise and knowledge.
Key Job Accountabilities – I
- Coordinate the development and implementation of safety programs and new process systems, and applications for the department.
- Initiate improvements and enhancements to the existing safety process and develop solutions to continuously improve safety performance.
- Provide coaching and mentoring for assigned personnel in line with succession plan and Qatarization.
- Develop and update relevant safety procedures and implementation plans with stakeholder engagement, in accordance with best industry practices.
- Lead PSF process self-assessments and compliance verifications activities.
- Conduct independent analysis, assessment of compliance with safety procedure and program requirements and advise on short and long term improvement actions for management approval.
- Develop and present customized reports and presentations on regular basis for management on continuous improvement of systems and programs.
- Advise of technical aspects of safety equipment, codes, International Standards, regulations, best practices.
- Provide advise on and latest developments and enhancement in the industry for effective management of safety.
- Lead and participate in high severity incident investigations and improvement task forces for the department.
- Act as QG contractor administrator for assigned safety contracts. Support contractor safety management system (CSMS) implementation to enhance safety culture and compliance with key contractor companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience – I
- 10 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Knowledge of operational aspects of HSE&Q-related functions.