About the job
To Manage the affairs of Operations & Maintenance of the complete facility.
- Daily Management of the maintenance-related activities to ensure that the various QM facilities are running at the optimal level in accordance with Facilities Management’s (FM) Operation Procedure Guide (OPG), ‘HSE’ Manual and other ‘QM’ policies, procedures & guidelines.
- Management of the designated FM and contractors’ staff.
- Production of daily/ weekly/monthly progress reports covering MEP related operations/maintenance & cleaning and landscaping services, ensuring service providers are up to date on the assigned jobs
- Generation of Departmental as well as Contractors’ KPIs’ and monthly analysis of such KPIs.’ Initiation of remedial actions in case approved KPIs’ are off the mark
- Management of the Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM), Corrective Maintenance, Emergency/Breakdown Maintenance & the Condition Based Maintenance of the various associated QM Equipment/Facilities to ensure that the work progress is accordance to the plans & the budget.
- Monitoring of the complete facility and the contractors assigned for each service like Maintenance (M,E & FA/FF), cleaning, Pest Control, Landscaping & Irrigation and all other specialized equipments.
- Operation & Management of the Building Management System (BMS), Building Information Management (BIM) & Computer Aided Facility Management (CAFM) Systems, Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP).
- Final review of various methods statements and procedures for the testing, commissioning, operation and maintenance of QM’s various assets to ensure that such assets are performing efficiently.
- Lead role in enhancing QM’s Facilities Management operations by implementation of “Reliability Centred Maintenance” (RCM), “Sustainable Energy Management” and any related methodology/principals. For the energy conservation initiatives, analysis of the monthly reports indicating water, electricity and diesel/gas consumption details and the approval of necessary control measures to reduce the consumption of energy and water by way of set point adjustments, power factor adjustments and use of better Star Energy equipment.
- Analysis of the Root Causes related to the failures & breakdowns of the equipment as well as failures & breakdowns in the chain of command and communications. Similar analysis pertaining to the cases of “Near Misses”, “Accidents” & “Incidents” and initiation of the relevant actions to mitigate the possibilities of re-occurring of such “uncalled-for” events.
- Development & Implementation of FM Department’s strategic goals, Identification of skill gaps in team & implementation of the training requirements for FM staff for filling in the identified skill gaps.
- Analysis of the energy consumption patterns and approval of the plans for the conservation of energy by way of modifications in the existing machinery or replacement of the existing inefficient machinery with the appropriate star rated machinery/equipment.
- Study various operational as well as maintenance problems associated with various machinery and come out with the solutions/recommendations to mitigate such problems.
- Pro-active role in the preparation of department’s budget and monitoring of the spending to ensure that it stays within the approved budget.
- Production of Scope of Work and subsequent evaluations of department related tenders. Subsequent management of the contracts.
- Final review of invoices related to various contracts and related job completion certificates for scheduled payments and granting of related approvals with in his specified authority
- Inputs towards the preparation of department’s annual Capital & Operational budget. Work within the approved budget for the year.
- field data collection workflows.
- Internal Communication: Supervising & Management Consultants, Contractor PM, CM
- External communication: Consultants, Suppliers, Manufacturers, Government bodies, Ministries, Training Bodies, Suppliers.
Financial Budgetary Control:
- To work within the existing budget which is allocated from the Budget & Planning Section.
- Experience in managing facilities department containing multiple major sites.
- A museum experience will be preferable.
Education, Experience, and certification requirements
- Bachelors / Master of Engineering in Mechanical/Electrical or Equivalent.
- Certification from the local regulatory bodies
- Membership in professional institutions like BIFM , CIBSE or similar
- Project Management training.
- Mandatory Minimum 12 years experience in Facilities Management or Maintenance-related industry.