About the job
The Assistant Art Handler will ensure safe handling of museum collection objects as well as support collection teams with handling, packing, unpacking, dispatching, moving, and receiving collection objects and related items. Administrative tasks such are performing inventory and assisting with documentation are also a part of art handling team responsibility.
- Responsible for assisting in installations, as well as handling and packing of collection objects.
- Responsible for assisting with the setup of exhibitions and viewings.
- In collaboration with registrar team performs inventory of collection.
- Responsible for securing and handling objects for transportation.
- Document and update object movement in CMS and associated documents.
- Responsible for assisting in securing and handling fragile objects to prepare for transport.
- Oversee and ensure the execution of policies regarding security, handling, movement and storage of property.
- Responsible for ensuring the property reaches its destination safely, recording the movements and updating concerned parties.
- Assist collection teams in recording the condition in which the object is received, generating reports and flagging any damage that the object may have.
- Assist in the preparation of objects for display.
- Be responsible for inventory of collection tools, equipment and materials as well as packing aids (crates, boxes, frames etc.).
- Being a flexible team player, whilst displaying excellent time management, and strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Creativity, passion, and ambition about the museum collections.
- Working knowledge of KeEMu.
- Demonstrated strength to coordinate and work with teams collaboratively on complex projects.
- The ability to work individually, whilst also demonstrating excellent communication skills is vital.
- Strong computer and software skills are essential, preferably within PC environment (Oﬃce 365).
Education, Experience, and certification requirements
- High school degree. Bachelor’s preferred.
- 0-2 years.