About the job
The Project Management Coordinator supports the Head of PPM to develop and manage QM’s project portfolio management function, by identifying, reporting on, and delivering a range of non-capital projects and programmes across QM’s operations and strategic roadmap in order to provide PPM oversight and analysis.
- Support the Head of PPM to develop a costed business case for the development of a PPM oversight function and system.
- Act as focal point and provide project management oversight for the PPM on day-to-day basis.
- Conduct research and identify market leading/best practices necessary for the development of a PPM reporting framework that provides feedback, advice and updates to senior management and internal stakeholders on the projects in QM’s portfolio, including the identification of risks and opportunities.
- Implement the identified controls and governance measures for the PPM, in alignment with the organizational strategies to provide the basis for evidence-based and risk informed decision-making.
- Assist in the implementation of project plans, schedules, and budgets where applicable.
- Assist in the development and submission of regular status reports to the senior management on the progress of non-capital projects
- Identify any potential project risks and issues and escalate to the Head of PPM and/or Senior Management, as appropriate
- Assist in managing communication with internal and external stakeholders and carefully manage change with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage any incoming requests or correspondence to the PPM section, and escalate to the Head of PPM, as appropriate.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PPM and EPM frameworks, project management and strategic execution, and business performance improvement techniques.
- Excellent analytical, reporting and communication skills, in English and preferably Arabic too.
- Excellent Proficiency in computer skills, including Microsoft Office – in particular PowerPoint, Project and Excel.
Education, Experience, and certification requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of Business Studies, project management, or related.
- PMP or PPM certification is preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year relevant experience is preferred.