About the job
The Strategy and Planning section, within the Strategy & Quality Assurance Department, is responsible for designing and implementing the Strategic Plan for Qatar Museums and supporting the corporate goals of the organisation. It is also responsible for driving leadership’s direction of QM towards the delivery of QM’s strategy and costed operating plans and ensuring that priorities are integrated by across the organization by establishing assigned leads, measurable outcomes, and accountable actions. The head of Strategy and Planning is responsible for delivering the section’s mandate and overseeing the implementation of the strategy and evaluating performance across the entity.
- Lead the development of organization-wide short and long-term strategic plans.
- Engage with senior management and internal stakeholders to maintain the relevance of strategic plans.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of strategic goals.
- Reports on entity performance by evaluating KPIs of departments.
- Evaluate and report in impact of QMs strategy on the cultural sector.
- Reports achievements of QM with regard to its strategic goal.
- Conduct and lead research on the financial, economic and social impact of the organization.
- Advise on and advocate strategic planning processes.
- Provide strategic planning advisory to museums, arts and heritage projects; Develop and ensure effective communication of QM’s mission, vision and strategic goals.
- Supports relevant departments and stakeholders in the coasted business plans.
- Supports and provides advise on organization structure and department mandates.
- Reports to management and the Board of Trustees on required matters as it relates to Strategy.
- Translate QM’s strategic priorities to specific, measurable, and viable targets.
- Research and propose potential strategic opportunities for the organization.
- Lead a team into a very collaborative and team-oriented environment.
Policies and Procedures
- Write and maintain current policies and procedures for all departments.
- Facilitate internal communication and engagement through the use of team meetings and discussions.
- Conduct strategic gap analysis for the organization.
- SWOT Analysis.
- Oversee all data pertaining to KPIs and how they are in line with strategic objectives.
- Maintains excellent communication levels within the Department and across QM other departments.
- Represents the department/organization as appropriate within the organization, locally and internationally
Financial Budgetary Control
- Manages the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities of the Section.
- Sound analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to provide strong leadership, vision and strategic direction
- Experience developing and implementing strategic plans
- Proven ability to work cooperatively, diplomatically, and effectively with different levels of seniorities
- Strong communication skills with an ability to negotiate, listen and lead
- Capacity to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent planning, time management, and decision-making skills
- Adept knowledge of spreadsheet, database, email, calendar/scheduling, and word processing software.
Education, Experience, and Certification Requirements
- Minimum education requires a bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree preferred.
- 8 years of experience, preferably in a museum or non-profit organization in Strategy and corporate planning.