About the job
About The Role
As Manager Clinical Governance, you will be expected to Support the Qatar Airways’ Medical Leadership to ensure that the Medical Division continuously improves the quality of its service and safeguards the high standards of care by creating an environment in which excellence of clinical care will flourish whilst maintaining National and International Medical Regulatory standards.
- Clinical Governance Framework – Developing, implementing and reviewing clinical governance frameworks for Qatar Airways Medical Division (QRMD) ensuring the creation of clinical governance structures meet standards that encompass the 7 pillars of clinical governance
- Quality Improvement – lead and facilitate quality improvement initiatives that enhance patient outcomes and patient safety, identifying areas for improvement, conducting audits and reviews and supporting healthcare professionals in implementing evidence-based practice
- Risk Management – oversee the identification, assessment and management of risks within the clinical and non-clinical environment of QRMD, ensuring a system for analysing incidents, conducting root cause analysis or similar, implementing risk mitigation strategies and promoting a culture of safety
- Compliance and Regulatory Requirements – ensuring compliance with relevant regulations, standards and guidelines applicable to the clinical environment and the aviation industry. This includes monitoring and audit of relevant regulations and leading and supporting staff in maintaining accreditation and licensure.
- Information Governance – ensuring that all manual and IT systems communication / medical record systems within the QRMD, adhere to international and organisational standards for confidentiality and information governance requirements
- Clinical Audit and Effectiveness – Lead and support teams in developing a structure for clinical audit of practices ensuring that evidence-based medicine (EBM) is practiced and where appropriate cost effective
- Education and Training – advise key leaders on the development of a competency-based education and training program for staff ensuring that key CPD requirements are met and audited and programmes for development are available.
- Patient / Public Involvement – Develop and implement a strategy for the involvement of patients and public in the provision and delivery of QRMD services ensuring engagement through patient and staff surveys, committees and other forum that improves care for patients
You Will Possess
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare / Nursing or relevant clinical / medical degree, / qualification with at least 5 years’ experience in a hospital / primary care or equivalent health related service
- Experience of working within a clinical governance team
- Management – 5 years of job-related experience required with some evidence of working within a clinical governance team / or relevant health related quality background
- Aviation medicine/Regulation experience an advantage
- Command of English language
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.