About the job
About The Role
We are recruiting for a Manager Engine Facility with an Engine Shop to be based in Doha, Qatar.
The manager Engine Facility will be responsible for administering and controlling all activities related to his area of assignment in the Engine Facility. Responsible for the management of the engine, APU, and component in-house or external shop visits within the scope of the assignment and approved capability to ensure turnaround time is kept to an acceptable level with cost-effective output. Manage new capability development projects and implement efficient workflow processes. Ensure work carried out in his area of assignment is in accordance with company procedures, quality standards, and health and safety requirements.
Specific responsibilities of the role include:
- To develop enhanced processes and procedures to effectively contribute to improved on-time production and dispatch reliability of spare engines, APU and components within the authorized scope.
- Developing new strategic plan to enhance efficiencies, productivity related to working environments in engine facility.
- To recommend the pro-active mitigation processes and solutions for various technical problems related to engine APU operation.
- Manage inhouse engine, APU & components repair / build up or any other production activity to achieve the pre-set turnaround time targets in a safe and timely manner in accordance with the company quality standard.
- Continuously monitor the work scope status of the engines, APUs & components in QR engine facility and proactively work on to remove or reduce the potential show stoppers and work with other stake holders, department to expedite in-case if required.
- Manage engine facility shift plan and work allocation of staff under his reporting to conduct their duties and responsibilities in accordance with laid down manufacturer requirements, company procedures, company health and safety policy to ensure compliance with company policies.
- Manage and control on-wing and off-wing borescope inspections for Qatar Airways fleet engines, APU’s (auxiliary power unit) and any potential AOG OR 3rd party customer engines, APU’s (auxiliary power unit) including Lease Induction and Lease Return engine, APU’s (auxiliary power unit).
- Manage and control engine / APU’s shop visit in external shops to meet the agreed turnaround time in order to have enough spare engine, apu (auxiliary power unit) and fan cases available to support Qatar airways operation.
- Manage, control and optimize internal and external engine / APU shop visit cost budget in-line with the forecasted budget for engine maintenance as set by the technical management for every fiscal year.
- Manage different maintenance contracts for engine / APU related to external MRO’s and ensure to implement to safe guard Qatar airways interest.
- Explore new initiative and ideas for new capability development projects and improved processes by implementing the workflow efficiencies in order to increase the revenue of engine facility and to reduce the material cost and direct / in-direct labor cost.
- Prepare feasibility reports for the new capability development projects for management review.
- Conduct daily production planning meetings with relevant stake holders such as engineering power plant, OEM working team managers, Light and Heavy Base Teams to set the RFI and dispatch targets.
- Ensure engine / APU induction and shipping out activities are constantly monitored and coordinated with relevant stake holders.
- Manage daily, weekly and yearly plans and consistently analyze the demand vs capacity requirement to meet Qatar airways operational demands and identify all the peak period to ensure leaves and trainings are controlled during the peak periods.
- Manage and control appropriate task cards for all maintenance activities related to component level maintenance and extend the task card development to engine / APU maintenance where approved by Part-CAMO.
- Manage and support AOG’s related to approved capability of Engine Facility and coordinate effectively and efficiently with MOCC, Supply Chain and other stake holders.
- Manage and control 3rd party services as and when required and ensure all 3rd party offload service man hours transmitted to cost control team on timely manner in order to achieve the engine facility revenue target.
- Alert department senior manager for any short comings in terms of Manpower, Facilities, Tooling, equipment affecting intended safe and efficient operation.
- Manage and control staff trainings to perform the assigned function and have valid and required competencies to perform the assigned task.
- Defining priorities to the staff allocated to him to ensure that efficient use of resources is chaneled to achieve desired service level.
- Ensuring ordering all required parts for operational/maintenance reasons well on time so that any work stoppage is avoided.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Certifying experience OR Production Planning experience OR engineering support experience and technical management experience.
- Internal: Must have been in EN.03 for a minimum period of 2 years.
- Experience of V2500, GE CF6-80E1, GE90, GENx, GP7000, Trent XWB engines and GTCP 331-500, APS3200 APU’s, Airbus and Boeing documentation or Engine maintenance contracts experience.
- Engine or borescope approvals or Engine off-wing engineering support experience.
- Completed the Management training and assigned role specific courses.
- Previous Team Lead Experience.
- Bore scope Approvals on V2500, Trent 500, GE CF6-80E1, GE90, GENx, CFM 56 and Trent XWB would be an added advantage.
- Previous Engine shop supervisory or Team Lead Experience.
- Engine Certification Experience.
- Engine Defect Rectification Experience.