About the job
At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety. It’s the constant that empowers people to confidently move forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care for a patient or graduate a class.
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we’re ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career that matters.
Direct Sales Middle East, North Africa & Central Asia
The objectives of this position are as follows:
- Ensure the growth of Motorola Solutions (Sales Volume, Orders Volume, Market Share) focusing on direct work with the specified and agreed upon accounts (and also cooperating with Accredited Motorola Partners) from the public safety and oil & gas segment.
- Account Profile with choice makers, competitors and perspectives of account development in a 3-5 year plan.
- Set up the right strategy with key customers/partners.
- Create a working plan for the upcoming year with actions, dates, responsible people and accredited Partners involved with this account.
- Sales Plan for the upcoming years, with shown Projects and Technologies.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with the assigned accounts.
- Identify major business needs on the account side and correspondent opportunities on Motorola Solutions’ side.
- Ensure that the key people from the customer’s side are aware of Motorola’s business solutions, strategies and technologies.
- Ownership of the account planning processes.
- Create customer opportunity plans, roles and expectations.
- Execute the plan, regularly check status, debrief, document fulfillment and design wins.
- Prioritize defined project(s).
- Win key opportunities for Motorola Solutions such as: products, technologies and services within the assigned accounts.
- Closely watch the competition and work proactively in terms of maximizing Motorola Solutions revenue in assigned accounts.
- Escalate any problems within the assigned accounts to senior management.
- Constantly update the data in the customer’s project database based on existing accounts and plan sales activities to ensure good teamwork.
- Business planning.
- Execute account plan and profile the customer.
- Complete and implement business plans for assigned accounts using internal dedicated Motorola Solutions tools.
- Meet the Key Accounts & System’s revenue goals, meet accounts revenue / market share, etc. goals.
- University degree in Economics, Foreign Trading, Engineering or Computer Science.
- 3 years of experience in the IT or Telecommunication industry.
- 3 years of experience in selling for large governmental accounts in the public safety field with a focus on information technology and/or business solutions sales & deployment.
- Good understanding of how to do business with government clients, key business and industry specific drivers.
- Experience of doing sales with public safety accounts through partners. Partners’ management on the level of business decision.
- Experience in planning, designing and implementing sales strategies, partnering experience and experience in opportunity selling as well as selling in a competitive environment.
- Good understanding of the relationship between technology and management processes in the customer organization.
- Good understanding of enterprise IT and Telecommunication environments, major vendors and partners, products/positioning as well as associated issues.
- Broad knowledge of different parts of the sales cycle, strategic and technical sales skills as well as post sales support.
- Good understanding of the partner’s business models.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills to professionally represent Motorola Solutions for the customer.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills, experience in communications / negotiations with decision makers & executives in corporate customers.
- Dynamic driver, team player, consensus builder.
- Fluency in English is mandatory (both written and oral).
- Arabic is a plus.