About the job
About The Role
Responsible for overseeing the maintenance and repair of buildings and infrastructure under the ambit of Facilities Management. This role involves conducting inspections, identifying maintenance needs, coordinating repairs, and ensuring the safety and functionality of QR facilities while adhering to standard operating procedures.
- Develop and ensure implementation a comprehensive maintenance plan for all civil structures, including but not limited to buildings, foundations, columns and beams, roofs, walls, waterproofing & related infrastructure.
- Conduct regular/periodic inspections to identify maintenance needs, assess structural integrity, and ensure compliance with safety regulations and building codes. Immediately inform the Line Manager, in writing, any abnormalities noticed during the inspections.
- Coordinate and oversee maintenance and repair activities, including writing/reviewing work method statements, scheduling/coordinating with stakeholders and supervising contractors and technicians to ensure timely maintenance and safety.
- Deliver on job training to team members and service providers by performing the tasks when necessary, such as repairs, installations, and troubleshooting.
- Establish and manage a preventive maintenance program to proactively address potential issues to extend the lifespan of assets and minimize downtime.
- Create and maintain a database of equipment and assets, including maintenance history, performance records, and warranties.
- Conduct routine visual inspections of mechanical and electrical systems, plumbing, HVAC, fire safety, and other infrastructure to identify and address civil maintenance needs.
- Respond promptly to maintenance requests and emergencies, investigate issues and diagnose problems.
- Develop innovative solutions and implement corrective measures to address maintenance challenges and ensure optimal asset performance.
- Analyze equipment and system failures, conduct root cause analysis, and implement measures to prevent recurring issues.
- Stay up to date with relevant building codes, safety regulations, and industry best practices.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations regarding building maintenance, safety, and environmental standards.
- Maintain accurate documentation, including inspection reports, maintenance records, permits, and certificates.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as facility management, operations, and engineering, to ensure smooth coordination of maintenance activities and timely resolution of issues.
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders, contractors, and vendors to convey maintenance needs, specifications, and project updates.
- Successfully manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, continually changing facility environment.
- Prepare scope documents for the appointment of consultants and contractors.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by Line Manager and / or the Head of the Department.
- Ensures effective staff and performance management so that all staff meet operational performance and behavioral expectations and, in a manner, and style which maintains and promotes high staff morale and personal development.
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- In-depth knowledge of engineering principles, building codes, maintenance practices, structural integrity, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and fire safety systems.
- Proven experience in the maintenance of established and occupied buildings (built environment), with a primary focus on civil aspects.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings of all types from all disciplines
- Proficient in using maintenance management software, computer-aided design (CAD) tools, and other relevant software applications.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities, with a detail-oriented approach.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, contractors, and vendors.
- Familiarity with safety regulations and a commitment to maintaining a safe working environment.
- Minimum 10 + years of relevant experience
- 5 years of experience as Site Inspector, Construction Manager, Project Management Consultant / Supervision Consultant, Main Contractor working on high value projects.
- 5 years of experience as Civil Maintenance Officer/Engineer/Manager maintaining occupied properties/residential/commercial buildings.
- Working knowledge of Qatar Construction Standards.
- Qatari or transferrable Driving License.
Job Specific Skills
- Effective oral and written communication in English.
- Excellent time management and coordination skills in order to handle competing deadlines.
- Ability to understand Industry standard technical specifications of material and equipment.
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) and filing systems.
- Well-organized with multi-tasking abilities.
- The will to learn and continuously develop skills and knowledge. Intermediate use of general computer programs such as ACAD, MS Suite, and Outlook.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Understanding MEP systems in the Buildings.