About the job
About The Role
As Manager of Corporate Communications, you will contribute to the development and delivery of the overall Corporate Communications strategy for Qatar Duty Free Company to ensure alignment within the framework of the company’s Identity and business strategy as well as oversee all directed corporate communications activities and media relations including press and influencers. This role involves all facets of public relations for the company, especially protection and promotion of the brand, executive communications, new destination launches and correspondence with key internal and external stakeholders to manage QR’s messaging in a way that generates as much positive earned media as possible. You will also dictate the communication style & direction and be the warrant of the copywriting content.
Key Accountabilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Develop and identify the annual PR plan/opportunities and budget to maximise visibility of QDF with regard to the above responsibility, and then deliver on this plan.
- Develop a robust communication strategy for all assigned regions, divisions, stakeholders and through the implementation of this plan generate the maximum amount of positive earned media while managing all media inquiries and minimising negative coverage by dealing appropriately with all media situations.
- Through the management of all associated communications around launching new destinations, establish and build QDF’s reputation as a rapidly growing airline that introduces 10+ new destinations annually thereby promoting our scale, scope and ambition. Also develop and manage the implementation of all messaging around new destinations to maximise the impact scale and quality of all earned media with regard to new destinations to enhance and promote QDF’s brand awareness.
- Work with the Head of Marketing to contribute to the development of QDF’s overall corporate communications strategy and implement the plans, in support of the Company’s business objectives.
- Contribute towards the development of the Crisis Communications plan, maintain the updated crisis communications manual and keep assigned staff trained
- Lead the coordination with the selected PR agencies as well as internal QRG PR stakeholders
- Lead the team in developing and managing an integrated corporate communication plan and calendar of activity to build the company brand and strengthen the market position.
- Supervise, review and endorse for final distribution a heavy volume of public communications on a variety of business topics – materials include email announcements, articles, newsletters, brochures, video scripts, talking points, FAQs, presentations.
- Lead proactive communications activities which project an impactful impression and positively influence public perception of the company in new and existing markets such as coordinating press events and conferences and taking charge of inaugural PR activities for new openings.
- Conduct daily media monitoring and reporting provide feedback to department Senior Management. Prepare media responses and statements when appropriate and develop material for the GCEO and other QRG leaders on all media-related issues thus including providing leadership in the response to any impactful event within the organisation.
- Manage external vendors and suppliers for Corporate Communication work streams. Work closely with suppliers and contractors to ensure all operational logistics for the event projects are delivered, including handling and managing operational budgets and expenditures
- Set, communicate and maintain timelines and priorities on every project.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- High School / Vocational Qualification / Diploma plus minimum 9 years of relevant job-related experience; or
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent plus minimum 8 years of relevant job-related experience
Preferred Skills And Experience
- 8 years’ work experience as a professional corporate communicator or PR professional (journalist acceptable)
- Multi-national experience working in diverse markets.
- Used to fast speed / last minute task management
- Copywriting / Journalism background.
- Retail industry experience.
- Impeccable spoken and written English skills.
- Strategic and creative thinker.
- Ability to create stories and write/edit press releases.
- Ability to define problems, collect and interpret data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Understanding of how to write for the media and how the media works.
- Ability to effectively work under pressure in a highly charged working environment.
- Exceptional organisational skills, good stress-and time management skills; ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Computer literate.
- Perform tight deadlines, with strong problem-solving, negotiation, conflict-resolution and confidentiality skills.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Understanding of PR monitoring tool