About the job
Qatar University is the national institution of higher education in Qatar. It provides high quality undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare competent graduates, destined to shape the future of Qatar. The university community has diverse and committed faculty that teaches and conduct research, which addresses relevant local and regional challenges, advances knowledge, and contributes actively to the needs and aspirations of society.
Qatar University is an intellectual and scholarly community characterized by open discussion, the free exchange of ideas, respectful debate, and a commitment to rigorous inquiry. All members of the University -faculty, staff, and students- are expected to advance the scholarly and social values embodied by the university.
The College of Health Science (CHS) was founded in 2016 following a 30-year success story as a department within various colleges at Qatar University. CHS is the national provider of high quality health sciences education and research in Qatar and offers undergraduate(BSc) programs in biomedical sciences, human nutrition and public health, as well as graduate programs;(MSc) programs in biomedical science and human nutrition, and master of public health (MPH).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach courses in the area of expertise such as (but not limited to) human nutrition, nutrition assessment, medical nutrition therapy, food service management, community nutrition, nutrigenomics, research methods, research project and thesis at the postgraduate and undergraduate level.
- Contribute to various committees at the Program, College, and University level
- Contribute to the research profile of College through research publications
- Serve as student advisor
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department
- Ph.D. in Nutrition or related field with a focus/experience in clinical nutrition- Registered Dietitian status would be preferable
- Applicant should demonstrate active role in both collaborating on and leading independent research, including grant writing and submission.
- Strong peer reviewed publication record
- Experience in teaching and supervising post graduate degrees
- Ability to lead as well as to function as a strong collaborator on a multidisciplinary team
- Familiar with Educational technologies used in higher education sector
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter with a reflection of research background, as demonstrated by publications in peer-reviewed journals, grant funding, and stature appropriate for a full-time faculty appointment
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephone contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, a copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate’s children(eligible candidates only)in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.