About the job
The incumbent will assist in ensuring that there is a robust and effective transaction monitoring framework at the group level in line with applicable regulatory requirements to systematically monitor customer transactions on an ongoing basis in order to prevent the Group from being exposed to the risk of legal/ regulatory sanctions and the associated financial/ reputation loss that the Group may incur/ suffer as a result of failure to comply with the relevant AML/ CFT regulations
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in enhancing the periodic Risk Based Approach mechanism based on the Local and Global transaction monitoring risks.
- Assist in monitoring the dashboards of the transaction monitoring system for proper follow-up and reporting.
- Contribute to the MIS capabilities of the transaction monitoring system and initiate periodic enhancements and accuracy checks.
- Assist in conducting gap analysis and fine-tuning of transaction monitoring landscape across the group.
- Contribute to reviewing and enhancing the transaction monitoring procedures and systems across the group.
- Performing Quality Control checks of transaction monitoring alerts across the group to ensure compliance with the respective country’s procedures.
- Contribute to the provision of sound compliance advice to the line of business on resolution of issues, and for escalation of issues within Compliance.
- Support the coordination of global transaction monitoring efforts across the group.
- Work in partnership with Business Units, Operations, Technology, Legal, and the larger risk community to offer support and assistance in compliance-related matters to ensure an open, adequate and effective risk management culture.
- Continues liaison with international branches, subsidiaries and affiliates to ensure a robust transaction-monitoring framework.
- Bachelor’s degree with professional qualifications in CAMS/ CCO/ CIA or equivalent
- 2 years relevant experience in a major banking institution or in a consultancy firm.
- Good understanding of the requirements of the Money Laundering Regulations and the Joint Money Laundering Steering Group Guidance.
- Strong analytical skills required to organize and analyze multiple, complex data sets
- Excellent oral and report writing skills
- Knowledge of banking policies/ procedures, regulatory and best practice pronouncements pertaining to transaction monitoring.
- Promote common compliance standards across all jurisdictions.
- Understand the Core Banking System.