About the job
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, You Can Do Work That Matters, Grow, And Learn, Care For Yourself And Family, Be Your True Self And Live a Full Life. You Will Have Access To
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Key Account Manager-Qatar, Oman, Bahrain
This position works out of our Qatar location in EPD Division.
Established Pharmaceuticals – We are committed to bringing the benefits of our trusted medicines to more people in the world’s fastest-growing countries. Our broad portfolio of high-quality and differentiated branded generic medicines reaches across multiple therapeutic areas including gastroenterology, women’s health, cardiometabolic, pain management/central nervous system, and respiratory.
What You’ll Do
Primary Job Function:
Execute and monitor trade marketing activities as per the account plan ensuring optimal outcome, manage the trade agreements and plan activities according aligned with the agreed budget.
- Identify the value and potential of Trade Key Accounts business in the geographical area of responsibility and have a detailed understanding of the pharmacy channel landscape in the market.
- Maintain and develop existing and new key customers through the deployment of a bespoke Account Value Proposition, ethical sales methods, and diligent stakeholder management to optimize quality of service, business growth, and key customer satisfaction
- Cultivate a sustainable relationship with Key Accounts to maximize account penetrations, ensuring the profitable growth of Abbott’s sales and market share.
- Develop an insights-driven account strategy that creates and delivers value for Trade Key Accounts as well as for Abbott, mobilizes internally to align and coordinate Abbott’s resources around the Key Account and engages teams within the Account.
- Core Job Responsibilities: Create account strategies and execute Business Development Plan/Account Plan for Key Accounts contributing 80% of the business:
- Monthly key account performance review (ACT Vs Forecast VS LY)
- Strengthening and growing Abbott EPD brands in the Chain / Retail Pharmacy Channels – preparation of monthly reports on consumption (close monitoring of sell in vs. sellout), forecast orders, phasing of orders, stocks etc. and identifying growth opportunities to achieve optimal and accurate forecast
- Mapping the Key Account’s decision-making unit (DMU) and stakeholder management
- Management of key accounts trade / commercial agreements approval cycle in alignment with the organization S&OP
- Active participation in all on-demand relevant key business meetings, reviews on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods; delay of replenishment, out of stock situation, new products listing, NPI insights, competitor activities
- Attain optimal stock management and ensure availability of promoted products with minimum / no expiries.
- Listing on e-commerce of KA online channels & ensuring packshot compliance as shared
- Maintain a physical presence in the field to reinforce the account strategy, in-store execution and identify high performers branches and report on market and competitor activities, providing relevant performance reports and account insights.
Understand switch rates of Abbott EPD brand at the Point-of-Sale and develop strategies to mitigate switch in collaboration with Commercial and Marketing teams.
Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
Execute and monitor performance in-light to Compliance and code of business conduct, taking corrective action where appropriate.
Plan all needed materials and communicate with trade marketing to ensure proper implementation in the right time.
- Monthly update activities tracking sheet aligned with the Plan as agreed with accounts.
- Work with the merchandisers ensuring full replenishment for all POS and to take actions when needed.
- Manage contacts, ensure strategic alliance between Abbott functional teams (Finance, IT, Demand management, Logistics) and TKA’s teams, coordinate and lead internal Abbott interactions, thereby building a strong internal network and provide business rationale, reach consensus, resolve conflicts, escalate issues
- Collaborate with Trade manager to develop account specific standards for merchandising, product range / category and promotional activities
- Tracking and monitoring the Customer satisfaction towards Abbott (via their vendor scorecard if applicable), alert internally if necessary and propose corrective actions
- Understand accurately TKA’s needs and expectations, opportunities and threats for Abbott, competition’s practices, document and share this insight internally across functions (e.g.: Commercial, Marketing)
- Play an active part within Trade Marketing activities understand the brands’ priorities, contribute pro-actively to the Trade Marketing Plan
- Implement the key marketing campaigns to increase brand and company SOV, improving visibility and monitoring progress
- Optimize the listing of all new products in retail channels chains / accounts / and ensure Abbott products visibility is in line with Abbott merchandising principles.
Bachelor’s degree in Business/Marketing/Commerce
- 3-5 years of commercial/sales experience that involved working closely with customers to deliver results
- Experience in healthcare (OTC, Gx), Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) and/or Retail
- Consultative selling skills – Negotiation skills – Strong analytical skills (i.e., ROI calculation, forecasting and planning) – Capacity to manage P&L