About the job
Would you like to be part of the most international company in the world? A company operating in more than 220 countries worldwide and has been pioneering cross-border express shipping since 1969. Would you like to be part of a business that connects people across the globe and wants to make a difference? Then waste no time and join our amazing team at DHL Group. DHL Global Forwarding, Freight (DGFF) is the Group’s air, ocean, and road freight specialist. We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally.
DHL Global Forwarding Qatar has an opening for a Business Development Manager where you will maintain and develop additional Business for overall sales development of DHL Global Forwarding Sales & Marketing function. Join us now in connecting people and improving lives.
In this Business Development Manager position
- You will develop sales within new and existing portfolio as well as plan/strategy/activities to achieve target budgets.
- You will be responsible for conducting high quality presentation of the entire range of standardized products to customers.
- You will develop target lists of new business and continuously review and update and established and presents customized offers to customers.
- You will negotiate with customers on contractual terms of service provision that is aligned to corporate sales policy and procedures.
- You will adhere to approved credit limits granted to customers and enforce previously agreed payment terms.
- You will prepare and realize planned sales calls and support receivables functions.
- You will be responsible for product targets as defined within existing portfolio and for budgeted growth in additional business within existing customer portfolio.
- You will maintain all necessary information to assess credit worthiness of existing customer.
- You will report activities, quotes, sales calls, and other information through customer database systems i.e. I-sell.
- You will maintain and support interdepartmental relationships and collaborate with colleagues across the organization to achieve shared goals.
- You will have no direct reports and authority over country line and functional personnel. Nevertheless he/she must be able to demonstrate ability to influence decisions/actions through provision of value-added inputs into the organization’s business processes.
- You will develop and maintain strong new and existing customer relations and loyalty through ensuring customer satisfaction.
- You will collaborate with colleagues across the organization to achieve shared goals.
Now, here’s what we need from you
- Minimum 3-5 years within the transport, logistics or freight forwarding industry (or similar industry)
- Experience in sales environment with proven record.
- Opportunities in a global company where you can contribute your ideas and skills to move towards our shared goals.
- Possible further career development
- Competitive salary