About the job
This position is for a Senior professional with extensive experience in power & water EPC (turnkey) contracts, consultancy service contracts, and cost and claim analysis and negotiations.
The role holder is responsible for ensuring effective conduct of contract and tendering process for all COMPANYS’s contracts related to construction projects, professional or consulting services, software licensing agreements, maintenance services, manpower supply, etc.
- Provide expert analysis of claims and disputes between Company and its contractors and prepare reports for Company management.
- Lead the evaluation of complex claims and contracts issue and provides recommendation for defense of settlement.
- Provide comprehensive reviews of standard Tender Documents and Contracts Documents to identify and eliminate errors, conflicts, omissions, and duplications.
- Review the work of, and provides guidance to, Contracts Specialist and Contracts Administrators.
- Review existing tendering procedure and recommend improvements and amendments as necessary.
- Provides advice on bidder deviations and qualifications during the technical evaluation of the bids.
- Exhibit familiarity with terms and conditions of the different types of contracts and applies such understanding of the terms and conditions in the work processes by means of verification against known of standardized practices.
- Perform due diligence reviews of Memorandum of Agreements, Independent Power and Water Supply Agreements, Partnership Agreements, and similar agreements.
- Interpret contract provisions to help resolve claims, disputes, and queries submitted by Tenderers/Contractors.
- Provide guidance on contractual matters.
- Participate in the training and mentoring of less experienced Qatari employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in law or engineering
- Minimum Fifteen (15) year experience supervising large and complex construction projects in the areas of drafting tender documents, agreements, and amendments, evaluating and negotiating change orders, reviewing and negotiating claims or disputes, preferably in a utility environment.
- Applying contract management techniques and principles.
- Interpreting and applying applicable Qatari Laws and regulations.
- Negotiating, writing, and interpreting contractual provisions.
- Expertise in negotiating complex large-scale contracts.
- Proficient in the English (must) and Arabic (preferred) language.
- Proficient in the use of Computers and computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, and presentations.
- Interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
- Analyzing complex contractual issues and drafting comprehensive reports and internal/external correspondence.
- Working cooperatively with other staff, departments, and external parties.