About the job
The Consultant – Andrologist is responsible for treating and maintaining the health of reproductive organs and urinary tracts in males, establishing effective patient care plans, and referring patients to the appropriate specialists. The position holder should be highly trained with proven experience of effectively working in an emergency room or urgent care setting.
- Assessing disorders related to the reproductive organs, urinary tracts and connected tissues.
- Conducting follow-up visits to monitor the patient’s condition.
- Requesting the appropriate medical tests and based on them, following a treatment plan.
- Developing effective patient care plans.
- Referring patients to appropriate specialists.
- Ensuring that patients are stable before transferring them to the proper department for further evaluation.
- Providing instructions for discharge and any relevant paperwork.
- Maintaining patients’ medical records.
- Coordinating with different relevant departments to ensure patients receive the necessary treatment.
- Actively participate in the planning and implementation of the department development plans and the different manpower training programs for the medical, technical and nursing staff in his/her area of expertise.
- Participating in the various committees for the upgrading of services and organization of work within and outside the hospital.
- Participating in scheduling of on-call duties and provides on-call services.
- Participating in the assessment and updating of drug, medical supply and equipment needs.
- Participating in all relevant research activities related to their expertise.
- Performs special procedures as privileged.
- Adheres to policies, guidelines, plans and programs of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned/directed by the Head of the department.
Job Knowledge & Skills
- With a valid medical license to practice in the country of residence.
- Excellent and effective communication skills to explain complex medical information, and procedures, and answer questions to patients and their families.
- Good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Perfect vision and visuospatial awareness.
- Supervise fellows, staff/assistant physicians and residents and with the collaborative ability to work well alone as well as within a team.
- ERP knowledge preferably SAP functional skills are preferred.
- Doctoral degree in Doctor of Medicine
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a similar role/setting in an accredited healthcare facility.
- 3 years in GCC is preferred.