About the job
About The Role
- You will be responsible for leading medium to large sized IT application testing projects (includes in-house developed and 3rd party vendor product) for assigned business unit.
- Review and understand the business processes, system development functional specification and non-functional requirements documents.
- Prepare testing artefacts that ensure coverage of functional and non-functional requirements, including test scenarios, test cases, test data, defect reports.
- Lead the testing team in planning, executing and reporting each test cycle.
- Technical expertise in Testing Methodologies, Testing Processes, Tools and Techniques.
- Conduct functional and non-functional systems testing.
- Report defects clearly explaining the test cases and test scenarios to the development team.
- Provide support to the development team to understand the defect, data used for testing and support the development team in root cause analysis.
- Prepare & publish software testing metrics and reports covering defect counts, status of defects, ageing of defects, defect per module etc.
- Ensure 100% execution of functional and non-functional systems test cases.
- Ensure that all application interfaces and NFR items are tested.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Developing the test strategy and plan for applications, considering the requirements, scope, risks and objectives of the project.
- Leading and mentoring the test team, assigning tasks, setting priorities, monitoring progress and providing feedback.
- Designing, reviewing and executing test cases and scripts for hybrid applications, using various tools and techniques
- Reporting and tracking defects, liaising with developers and ensuring resolution.
- Evaluating and improving the testing process, identifying areas for improvement and implementing best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Honors in Engineering/ Computer Science/Mathematics/Sciences/Commerce or Equivalent with Minimum 5 years of job-related experience.
- Good understanding of Software Testing Life Cycle including requirements analysis, Test Planning, Test case development, Test environment setup, Test Execution, Closure.
- Should have exposure in automation and manual testing.
- Experience in testing mobile apps and websites using cloud platforms like Brower stack.
- Experience in monitoring QA activities, test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis and identifying areas of improvement. Implement steps required to improve the processes.
- Gather and present testing metrics and testing activities for the projects to key stakeholders
- Must have good analytical skills and must be a good learner of new business processes, systems and should focus on continuous QA improvements including usage of appropriate testing tools, test techniques, test automation.
- Ensure the proper usage of available tools to gain the maximum benefit of the QA effort.