About the job
1. Comply with the unit policies and procedures
2. Comply with work schedules.
3. Comply with assigned responsibilities
1. Inventory Control.
3. Develop communication skills.
4. Adhere to health safety procedures.
5. Dispatch orders.
6. Ability to work from instructions.
7. Operate equipment to carry out assigned transportation / delivery of commodities according to provided schedules.
8. Develop knowledge of various HMC commodities and their storage / transportation requirements in order to transport items safely and reliably.
9. Develop knowledge of HMC facilities and transportation routes in order to perform deliveries and transfers efficiently.
10. Develop knowledge and ability to operate heavy vehicles and equipment.
11. Coordinate with warehousing staff for the pick-up and delivery of orders according to schedules.
12. Build relationships with warehousing, end-users / customers, suppliers, ports, and customs, to facilitate and coordinate transportation activities.
13. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient way according to relevant policies and procedures.
14. Perform daily safety and maintenance checks on assigned vehicle(s),and ensure that equipment and vehicles are safely and securely stored.
15. Advise the Stock Control Analyst of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
16. Adhere to the correct and secure transportation and storage of stock items, avoiding as much as possible any damage / losses due to misuse or ill transportation.
17. Brief the Stock Control Analyst regularly on transportation activities, escalate any issues, and provide reports as required.
18. Adhere to a safe and conducive working environment and follow health and safety.
19. Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience:
1-year related experience