About the job
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Planning Engineer to join our team! In this role you will get to perform on developing, implementing, and maintaining scheduling and project controls functions on a portfolio of projects.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in project planning, budgeting, cost phasing and control from the project initiation to close out phases, utilizing computer-based systems (Primavera Project Management ‘P6’ & Primavera Contract Management ‘Expedition’), within the framework of an integrated project services function for the effective management of a wide range of concurrent projects, to meet the business plan objectives.
- Completed at least one project in same role that is comparable in complexity and size to the project.
- Using latest version of Primavera Project Management (P6) and Primavera Web Scheduling software for monitoring and reviewing the baselines and updated project schedules and cost.
- Ensuring the use of standardized forms and reports of client which are available in Primavera Contract Management (Expedition);
- Reviewing contractor’s work program submissions including all narratives and supporting information and provides analysis and findings.
- Verifying actual progress and comparing actual performances to original plans.
- Monitoring, adjusting, and updating the cost plan and cash flows accordingly and the consolidating of these results in monthly reports.
- Implements and maintains an Earned Value Management System on the project.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline with certification in planning and scheduling of projects and in using Primavera applications (Primavera Project Management /P6 and Primavera Contract Management / Expedition) and cost Engineering.
- 7+ years of experience which should be in a similar role with an engineering consultancy, supervisor consultant or project management consultancy.
- Proficient PC skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Primavera Project Management /P6 and Primavera Contract Management / Expedition
- Must have good command of English both written and spoken, and good communication and presentation skills.
- Must be MME certified.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:
- Requires basic engineering knowledge in electrical, mechanical, civil, or a related field.