About the job
To lead the development, refinement and implementation of results-based monitoring and evaluation (M&E) efforts across programs and initiatives in Qatar Foundation. To introduce best practices for organizational M&E in order to effectively assess impact, drive performance improvements, reinforce accountability and enhance strategic focus across the organization.
Key Result Areas
- Lead the development of an effective results-based monitoring and evaluation framework and approach for Qatar Foundation.
- Responsible and accountable for identifying, planning and executing program evaluations for the organization to help advance key strategic thematic areas.
- Develop evaluation tools and processes grounded in sound and effective evaluation methods and methodologies; develop Theories of Change.
- Provide technical advice on program evaluation design, including establishing literature reviews, setting up measurement frameworks with defined indicators and developing appropriate measurement tools
- Conduct analysis of evaluation findings (qualitative and quantitative) and develop reports/case studies for dissemination and knowledge sharing. Ensure findings and recommendations are adopted and utilized
- Lead on the development of the QF evaluation & learning framework including program evaluation, case studies and thematic/topical reviews.
- Produce reports on evaluation findings and prepare presentations, briefs and grey papers as required, working in consultation with the Impact and Advisory Unit of SPD.
- Lead the development of the QF Impact framework by establishing benchmarks for key performance metrics. Ensure cascading QF organizational level M&E practices and standards (including the QF Strategic Measures) to all QF entities.
- Provide guidance on enhancing QF’s organizational performance management framework and implementation of best practices on measurement and assessment of impact, in order to elevate the effectiveness of QF’s performance management at QF, Division, and Center levels.
- Contribute to the appraisal and assessment of QF Divisions and Centers scorecards as well as proposed business plan initiatives in terms of impact, strategic alignment and return on investment.
- Support regular performance reporting cycles in terms of helping with the formulation and visualization of in-depth insights in order to better support senior leadership decision-making for enhanced performance and impact.
- Cultivate strategic M&E relationships and alliances with QF entities and represent SPD M&E scope in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations
- Recommend initiatives that can help build an enhanced performance culture across QF, which strives for excellence and employs an open and transparent dialogue to discuss performance.
- Other relevant tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field & at least 6-8 years of relevant full-time work experience 2 of which are at a supervisory level
- Extensive experience in Monitoring and Evaluation with in-depth experience in designing and assessing organizational-level M&E frameworks, program evaluation techniques and approaches, KPIs, and scorecards, and in monitoring and reporting organizational-level performance to senior management
- Firm grasp of the latest Evaluation frameworks (especially the Theory of Change) and experience with a nonprofit organization working in a development context.
- Outstanding analytical skills with the ability to deal with complex problems in a structured way, adept at modelling (including financial) and preparing conceptual frameworks and considerable experience conducting research e.g., contribution analysis, cost-benefit analysis, etc.
- The position holder should have broad experience across a range of industries and sectors in order to be able to effectively grasp the breadth of QF’s activities. This would include exposure to both the private sector and development-oriented organizations.
- Superior English speaking and writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, data analysis software including SPSS, Power BI or Tableau
- Proficiency in MS Office applications