About the job
Our Middle East operation is currently seeking a Marine Environmental Scientist (Offshore) to join our Qatar team. To be successful, you must have a minimum 5 years’ marine environmental experience in conducting routine site-specific inspections and other task specific function.
As a Marine Environmental Scientist, you will be responsible for studying the ocean and your inputs will assist our teams in preparing reports detailing the outcome of our surveys.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree qualification in an environmental science, engineering or other science discipline.
- Marine experience and comfort working in the marine environment.
- Comfortable working in an offshore work environment
- Experience in or basic understanding of sample collection, storage and in-situ instrument usage.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English. The ability to speak Arabic is a benefit.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills: verbal, non-verbal, written.
- Self-motivated and results oriented with high levels of energy.
- Is able to work in a team, reporting to senior team members.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently in the completion of tasks.
- Conducting marine surveys, reporting to the Project Manager and Team Leader.
- Performing tasks in a manner that is consistent with prescribed methodology, testing, analysis, design or computation methods.
- Conducting assignment and investigative work, of specific scope and complexity in accordance with skill development, involving set elements of broader assignments.
- Assisting more senior professionals/technical officers in carrying out technical tasks.
- Survey and inspection of equipment with recommended improvements and innovations.
- Collection of samples with proper chain of custody procedures.
- In-situ testing of marine water quality.
- Marine mammal and reptile observations during routine work.
- Basic data collection and entry.
- Participate in SCUBA dive surveys where required (if certified as a diver to the company standard).
This is a great opportunity for you to develop your career while being part of a well-established and growing organization within Qatar.