About the job
About The Role
The air freight industry landscape is entering an accelerated phase of change and transformation. From digitalising the end-to-end value chain, to fortifying a true e-commerce experience, to the launch of digital freight marketplaces, and much more. At Qatar Airways Cargo, we recently launched our VISION 2027 Roadmap as part of The Next Generation programme. The roadmap encapsulates the journey to bring about changes both internally and externally with the objective to simplify business engagements with Qatar Airways Cargo regardless whether the task on hand is complex or simple.
To support our VISION 2027 roadmap, we are looking for talents – the bold, the imaginative and the change-maker. All of whom will support Qatar Airways Cargo’s position as a true leader in the air freight industry. If you want to make an impact, to grow your experience and to challenge your comfort zone, then join us at Qatar Airways Cargo and be part of The Next Generation of change-makers.
Become the ambassador and the orchestrator of Qatar Airways Cargo VISION 2027.
We are pleased to announce this incredibly exciting opportunity to be part of Qatar Airways Cargo Global Sales team as a Manager Sales Steering in our office in Doha.
Join the #MovedByPeople family and leave a mark as part of the Cargo Global Sales.
In this role, you will be responsible for the creation and governance of the “to be” end to end sales practice model within QR Cargo. You will also be responsible for the development, implementation and execution of QR Cargo Sales standards as well as enabling the Global Sales Strategy and corresponding global market research activities by directing and guiding Cargo’s sales organization and maximizing the revenue.
As part of your role, your key responsibilities will include:
- Creator and custodian of key processes such as winning new business and managing existing business, building the right go-to-market team, managing sales systems and algorithms, directing and controlling sales practice effectiveness.
- Drive the actionable plan to deliver the worldwide revenue target by developing, communicating and monitoring sales activities and results.
- Working closely with Sales Planning to align with the Global Sales Strategy, set appropriate sales goals (such as yield improvement and market share gains) in the form of well- defined and qualified target- market segments, customers and traffic flows in order to drive on-target revenue generation.
- Track and measure sales performance across the business, identifying both best practice and sub-par performance, addressing this with local management and providing assistance for both recognition and remedial performance coaching.
- Act as an advocate for the sales organization at the HQ level, ensuring that the needs and feedback of the sales organization are transmitted to the proper department within the head office, that a solution or answer is proposed, and work with the relevant departments to implement this, thus facilitating the sales process.
- Marshalling all key Cargo stakeholders (e.g. RM, Pricing, Operations), supporting Sales Team to deliver the Global Sales Strategy through provision of all appropriate tools and enablers such as competitive packages of capacity, service and pricing, and, where appropriate, carefully structured incentives and value- add benefits such as ticket banks.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum of 8 years of job- related experience within the air cargo industry, previous experience in sales strategy development, revenue management or pricing is preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with advanced Excel abilities
- Excellent spoken and written English skills with strong persuasion and influencing capabilities
- Ability to lead and work extensively with cross- functional teams, in a faced- paced working environment
- Strong project management and stakeholder management
- Ability and dedication to work with data, drive digitization and innovation and promote change management