About the job
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Senior Modeler – Transportation to join our team! In this role, you will get to design to develop a practical knowledge of equipment, facilities, and systems, and their interrelationships within a particular engineering discipline.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop and create OpenRoads Design Unit.
- Develop Modeling and production Templates.
- Develop 3D/2D dimensional models required for drawing preparation, clash reporting and presentation aligned with the project LOD requirements and modeling standards.
- Extract 3D solid models for clash analysis, schedule review and QS.
- Extract Infrastructure Design layouts, schedules, profiles, sections and cutsheets dynamically from the BIM model.
- Prepare models and reports for constructability analysis.
- Coordinate with project team and interdisciplinary technical personnel
- Provides support for other engineering activities as required.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 10+ years of related experience.
- 3D Modeling and 3D Model-Based workflows
- Modeling Standards
- Roads Modeling
- Modeling templates
- Common Data Environment
- Project Information Model Delivery and Digital Delivery Methods
- Quality Assurance Compliance and Validation
- Collaboration, Coordination and Clash/Clearance Detection
- Quantity Take Off / Scheduling
- PC literacy, proficiency in utilizing Open Road Designer (Essential) and Civil 3D Program and BIM process and any related modeling software used to complete design assignments.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring
- Possess strong computer and technical skills to produce 3D/2D dimensional models required for model and drawing production, quality checking and control, and to support in coordination and constructability analysis.