About the job
- Monitor field production and injection using OSI-PI, Avocet, OFM and IVM/IFM in order to produce optimization plans for gas lift, ESPs and water injection to reach the desired monthly and yearly targets.
- Monitor and validate well tests and provide engineering support for calibration of the well test flowmeters.
- Provide technical analysis to the Production Application team to produce accurate well allocation, downtime and production key performance indicator reports.
- Model the production, water injection, and gas lift surface systems effectively, and ensure maintenance of well models using GAP/ PROSPER in order to maintain a representative and updated system.
- Identify, diagnose, and prepare well intervention proposals for surface and down-hole well issues affecting oil prod and water injection. Issues related to e.g. artificial lift, water prod and well instability.
- Produce optimization plans for gas lift, ESPs and injection wells.
- Collaborate with Drilling, Asset Development and Engineering & Construction to bring on new production and injection wells.
- Provide daily reports that effectively communicate the daily production and injection status of the field, and the production operations engineering adjustments, as necessary, to optimize production.
- Provide operational input into capital development proposals for accurate planning.
- Liaise effectively with other departments in support of Asset business aims and objectives.
Preferable experience and expertise:
- B.S. or master’s degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline (preferably Petroleum Engineering).
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in Engineering, preferably production and petroleum Engineering.
- Recognized as an expert in IPM software, especially PROSPER, GAP, IVM/IFM, DOF.
- Proficient in the use of SCADA (e.g.OSI-PI), Production Data Management Systems (e.g. Avocet), OFM.
- Working knowledge of inflow performance theory and its practical application
- Effective technical presentation and writing skills.
- Self-Starter – ability to work with a minimum of supervision, produce robust proposals and operate to imposed deadlines.