About the job
To lead key WISH programs that promote healthcare innovation at a local and global level, including competitions, mentoring programs, and showcase events.
To develop and maintain a local and global network of innovation hubs and stay at the forefront of global healthcare policy trends to identify relevant programs for QF and Qatar.
- Manage programmatic activities in the field of public health policy development, with a focus on innovation in public health locally, regionally, and globally
- Identify and showcase cutting edge healthcare innovations locally and globally
- Devise, develop and oversee the content of all innovation-led WISH events that help enhance WISH’s position locally and globally as an innovation champion
- Work with the Director of Research and Policy Development and to ensure that programs and healthcare innovations are well aligned with the themes and topics of WISH
- Create, manage, and own the project plan for a range of programs including the innovation competitions, and ensure timely delivery of all outputs, from concept development to delivery at the summits
- Develop and sustain a WISH-owned Innovation Network consisting of local and global innovation partners including, established innovation hubs, innovation NGOs, and governmental organizations working in the innovations field
- Support the innovators showcased at WISH and promote their innovations prior to, during, and after the Summit
- Use WISH-owned Innovation Network to identify and engage mentors who can support innovators in the early stages of product development
- Create a WISH alumni network of innovators, which ensures that strong relationships between WISH and supported innovators
- Develop partnership agreements with internal and external stakeholders for specific projects, working with QF Legal and other departments where necessary
- Identify potential risks associated with programmatic activities and highlight them to management
- Manage the programmatic budget including innovation competition, showcase for the summit, and any other relevant activities or events to ensure excellence in delivery and value for money
- Work with WISH team and senior management to ensure all programs, events, and showcases are complementary to other content and contribute to the global health policy and innovation agenda.
- Work with the Partnership and Outreach team in the management of the WISH media tools (WISH website, newsletter, and social media) to promote all programs and innovations to WISH stakeholders and the wider public
- Provide input on design and other creative elements that can be used to support WISH programs and activities
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field & 6-8 years of relevant full-time work experience
- Expertise in innovation development and/or technology; in the healthcare sector is an advantage
- International experience, preferably in the Middle East Region, and knowledge of Qatar and Qatar Foundation is an advantage.
- Lead in the management and launch of innovation competitions, curation of innovation spaces, partner engagement and other tasks pertinent to the delivery of the innovation space at the biennial WISH summits
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and manage productive working relationships with external contractors and internal delivery partners