About the job
You will lead the IT Database platform, architecture and solution design for the organization. You will be involved in creating architectural blueprints for Qatar Airways Group, Data security, work program prioritization, supporting budget preparation, defining standards for database design, reviewing Non-functional requirements, reviewing solutions and managing risks across projects/programs to ensure timely delivery with quality and within budget. You will provide leadership in architecture, designing and planning to support the organization’s implementation of databases, both on-premise and in the cloud, with a focus on governance, availability, reliability, security and performance.
You will play a critical role in maintaining database operations functions, this includes the enhancement, support, and maintenance of all critical databases in Cloud as well as all Prem systems. You will report to the Senior Manager or Principal Architect.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with a minimum 8 years of job-related experience
- In-depth Knowledge of Exadata Cloud Customer
- In-depth Knowledge of RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres)
- In-depth Knowledge of Data security
- Database migration to Exadata Cloud at Customer
- Experience NoSQL database management systems
- Experience in Cloud database solutions
- Experience in setting up Oracle Cloud SaaS solutions
- Experience in leading database technology teams
- Database Performance management
- Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience in converged databases.
- Experience in Cloud adoption and governance
- Experience with all phases of ITIL service management: incident management, request fulfilment, change management, problem management, and continuous service and process improvement.