About the job
The Senior Specialist – Workforce Planning and Organization Design is responsible to develop and execute the delivery of organizational change and restructure guided by the management.
The primary focus of the role is to work with senior management to design and facilitate participatory processes for the development of the department’s most efficient structure. while maintaining timely, accurate, and meaningful information/data, including forecasting, for Sidra’s senior leadership and managers.
The incumbent provides advice and support so that evidence-based decisions can be made by the organization. He/she is responsible for the maintenance of the associated reports and maintenance of a variety of HR Information assets across a variety of platforms. The role aligns with organizational planning and workforce capability and development initiatives. The incumbent is also responsible for the maintenance of the Job Description Library and organizational hierarchies ensuring organizational design accuracy.
KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Creates, manages and continually improves the organization’s strategic workforce plan including future forecasting.
- Creates, manages and continually improves workforce planning databases, analysis, benchmarks and reporting systems to meet the requirements.
- Acts as the department’s SME with regard to workforce planning, associated reporting and organizational design
- Makes recommendations to the Manager regarding organizational design, and business process reengineering strategies that have an organizational impact on the workforce and its composition.
- Actively participates and facilitates consulting with executives to analyze and evaluate Sidra’s current structure and future business proposals/needs. Designs organizational structures that align with short-term and long-term business strategies.
- Assesses the need for development, evaluation, improvement, and implementation of alternative approaches to organizational issues related to strategic alignment of business units organizational structures, management, and job evaluation.
- Advises senior management on the impact of proposed organizational changes and restructures. Provides guidance in implementing new and revised cost effective, organizational structures
- Identifies and implements organizational design and change management strategies. Develops recommendations and implements processes, policies, and guidelines for conducting organizational reviews and improving alignment and allocation of resources at a national level.
- Advises management on the accepted principles and policies governing management and organization structure issues, such as communications, organizational change, staff development, performance management, and leadership effectiveness.
- Serves as a technical expert in the areas of organization design, job development, and job analysis.
- Conducts workforce evaluations and analyzes current structures using job analysis, research, desk audits and observations and other analytical techniques.
- Makes own decisions regarding analytical and modeling techniques and tools that impact organizational reporting
- Ensures data integrity by maintaining position structures, job structures and other HR codes.
- Creates and maintains documentation around processes and governance to ensure integrity and continuity of outputs.
- Drives continuous improvements in data held by the HR department.
- Understand Sidra Medicine’s organization’s business strategy and direction and ensure the workforce requirements reflect these needs.
- Actively manages risks and issues for areas of delivery and escalates issues when appropriate.
- Performs stakeholder management to ensure business requirements are met.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with business customers and provides advice on organizational design and workforce planning to Sidra Medicine colleagues when required.
- Maintains organizational charts for the organization.
- Prioritizes work to align to Sidra and National requirements and timeframes.
- Performs Job Evaluations in line with Sidra policy and process.
- Utilizes job evaluation tools and industry standards to determine the size and complexity of the role and in turn, the appropriate grade to be awarded on the Sidra scale.
- Formally assesses job evaluation outcomes and makes recommendations in relation to alignment.
- Maintains record of all the current and historic Job Descriptions with the version history.
- Manages records related to the role, ensures scope of work are periodically reviewed and are aligned to the organizational needs
- Contributes towards team performance metrics, including productivity measures and KPIs.
- Identifies and implements continuous improvement measures for the team.
- Provides leadership to the team towards achieving the departmental goals.
- Adheres to Sidra’s policies and processes in the management of the team, including conducting regular reviews of performance against set objectives and development plans and addressing attendance or other performance issues in a timely manner.
- Provides project oversight and guidance to lower-level employees on an ad-hoc basis.
- Effectively communicates, collaborates, liaises and networks with line management to ensure strong professional relationships within and across diverse and interdisciplinary work teams and departments.
- Fosters an inclusive interdisciplinary work environment that appreciates and respects different and diverse perspectives.
- Fosters a safe working environment that is culturally competent and fosters interdisciplinary learning and growth.
- Adheres to Sidra’s standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Adheres to and promotes Sidra’s Values.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- 7+ years of progressive experience in workforce planning for medium to large organizations.
- Experience in using statistical modeling and forecasting techniques.
- Experience in ERP systems