About the job
About The Role
As Porter (Warehouse), you will be responsible for assisting the warehouse team by carrying out all physical work of handling stocks and materials entering or leaving QDF Warehouse and at the destination where the items are being delivered. You will assist operations by supporting inward QC (quality and quantity checks), and outward QC of stock and participate in stock takes.
This involves physically loading and unloading goods from containers or trucks, re-arranging stock on pallets or bins, pushing cages manually, using pallet jacks to move pallets and any other work assigned by warehouse officers and supervisors on a time-to-time basis.
Key Accountabilities Include
- Unloading of stock from containers & trucks to do the receiving process.
- Arrange goods on the pallets as per specified measurements in order to be in the right dimensions of conveyor and MOI screening requirements.
- Unpack and pack stock in order for the receiving team to check and receive stock in QC area.
- Re-arrange stock on pallets and bins to maximize the utilization of the available space. Move pallets using pallet jacks & cages by pushing them within the warehouse facility to ensure timely storage and dispatch of stock.
- Support the QC of outgoing stock by arranging and re-arranging stock, packing and moving stock to & from QC station to ensure the correct quantity and stock gets dispatched from the Warehouse.
- Load and offload the stock, materials, pallets and cages from the Warehouse and at the delivery destination which covers HIA, landside shops, stores and offices to complete the delivery of goods.
- Participate in stock takes with stock arrangements as per requirement to ensure stock is accurately recorded in the systems.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- High school completion
- Up to 2 years of work experience
- Ability to lift/move goods up to 165 lbs
- Ability to pull heavy carts of stock through the facility
- Ability to schedule and prioritize workflow
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work closely with others
- Basic math skills for counting inventory
- Good English communication skills