About the job
The Admission Office seeks an Arabic speaker with strong interpersonal skills and an outgoing personality to serve as the university’s Admission Office receptionist. The successful candidate will become an integral part of the university’s five-person admission team, where the staff member will serve as the first line of contact for phone calls and visitors to the Admission Office.
Position primary responsibilities:
- Assists the admission office as the main receptionist and first contact
- Serves as the first contact for walk-in visitors; directs walk-in visitors to on-call counselor as needed.
- Serves as the first and primary phone contact for prospective students and parents; directs calls to counseling staff as needed.
- Answers standard and frequent questions about the admission process, our programs, and financial aid.
- Serve as a bilingual and fluent resource for parents and prospective students in both English and Arabic.
- Book applicant interviews with admission counselors. Coordinate printing and stocking of admission printed publications with our MPR department. Data entry as needed.
- Assist office by participating in school visits and fairs as needed. Some evening work is required for admission events.
- Assist Admission Office by answering first layer of emails to main Admission Office inbox.
Outreach and Admission Event Support
- Supports Director of Summer College Preview Program with various administrative needs related to the 3 week program, including staff expenses, reimbursements, ordering supplies for program, catering, etc.
- Supports the admission staff with various administrative needs, including catering, supplies, giveaways, room scheduling, meeting requests, expense processing, and other needs related to outreach and admission events such as:
- Early Decision Welcome Dinner
- Marhaba Tartans event for admitted students
- Experience CMU Qatar outreach events.
General Administrative Duties
- Processing travel ticket requests, P.O. Requests for admission purchases, expense reports. Employee allowances and reimbursements.
- Other duties as assigned.