About the job
About The Role
We have a great opportunity to join our Qatar Airways Group Medical Division in Doha, Qatar as a Pharmacy Technician.
As a Pharmacy Technician, you will be responsible to support the Company Pharmacist in the day-to-day running of The Medical Centre Pharmacy and Qatar Airways Medical Kit operation, ensuring the chain of custody of the Medical Kits from pharmacy to aircraft is marinated.
Key Accountabilities Include
- Assists the pharmacist in the preparation and dispensing of medications and ensures that the medications are prepared accurately under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- Complies with local rules and regulations in regard to pharmacy activities, including but not limited to preparation, labeling, and delivery of medication and other pharmaceutical supplies.
- Receive pharmaceutical and consumable orders from suppliers, ensure accurate product quantity and information as per purchase order and invoice before signing the delivery note.
- Perform quality checks of all Medical Kit existing items, and issue Medical Kits conformity certificate accordingly.
- Ensure medical kits are sealed, stored at the correct location, and secured against unauthorized access.
- Responsible for the pharmaceutical and medical kits storage locations/shelves layout to ensure first in first out procedure is followed at all time, and work towards achieving zero expiries of pharmaceutical.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain for the collection and drop off of medical kits and other materials required for operation.
- Assist Company Pharmacist during a planned or random stock audit by performing physical counting of stock/inventory, and report any discrepancies to on-duty Company Pharmacist.
- Perform other department duties as directed by Company Pharmacist.
- Update pharmaceutical price list and list of registered pharmaceuticals according to circulars released by Pharmacy and Drug Control Director.
- Prepare and generate monthly productivity, pharmaceutical consumption, financial and other reports as required for operation.
- Conducts checks and calibration of equipment as required. Recognizes, reports, and advises on discrepancies in performance and initiates remedial action in light of this information.
- Performs shift duties as assigned, including weekends and public holidays
- Relevant vocational, tertiary, or trade qualification. E.g. Diploma in pharmacy technician.
- At least four years of working experience handling pharmaceutical stock in a pharmacy or drug store is required.
- Able to hold a pharmacy technician license to practice in Qatar.
- Fluent in the English Language.
- Computer literacy with knowledge of various stock management software.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.