About the job
The incumbent will be responsible for conducting individual retail banking audit assignments and reviews under the guidance of his/her immediate superior in accordance with the approved audit plan. The incumbent will ensure compliance with the related approved procedures and make recommendations for mitigating risks and improving controls and processes. In doing the above, the incumbent will ensure adherence to internal auditing best practices, including but not limited to the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Participate in individual assignments as per the approved annual audit plan and ensure completion of the assigned tasks within the budgeted/allocated time.
- Assist in identifying and evaluating the risks involved on the individual audit assignments by using the risk assessment methodology/parameters developed by Group Internal Audit (GIA).
- Assist in the review of the operations processes and make practical/feasible recommendations to improve the quality.
- Adhere to the procedures/ guidelines contained in the internal audit Policy & Procedures manual in the conduct of day-to-day responsibilities/tasks.
- Provide inputs to Head of Operations Audit for preparation of audit programs for the audits/reviews assigned.
- Raise factually correct audits findings during the course of the audit fieldwork that adequately reflect the deficiency/non-compliance noted during the audit process.
- Monitor post audit follow-up of the audit reports to ensure compliance with recommendations, as per Head of Operations Audit instructions, if required.
- Participate in special investigations and assignments, as and when required.
- Submit performance appraisals on timely basis as per the laid down policy in this regard to SVP Operations & Retail Banking Unit as per procedures.
- Responsible for utilizing the appropriate audit software procured by Group Internal Audit Division in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Work on Retail Banking audits/other review assignments which fall within the scope of the responsibilities assigned to the incumbent pertaining to Domestic operations as and when allocated to perform the above by the superiors.
- Responsible for imparting training/ guidance to trainees who join the Group Internal Audit.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, banking or other related subjects.
- Further study for professional qualifications such as CMA/CBA/CPA/CIA/CA/ACCA
- Minimum of 2 years experience with a major bank or audit firm with specific knowledge of Retail Banking and operations.
- Fluent in English and Arabic (preferred).