About the job
The Facilities/MEP Technician is responsible for carrying out maintenance and repair of MEP equipment and all aspects of the museums facilities management to ensure the full maintenance and safety of the museum and its exhibits, compliant to all safety, quality and environmental management procedures and controls across the operation.
- PPM and reactive maintenance of all exhibits, Café equipment, all electrical equipment, and HVAC equipment. Checking all equipment daily and identifying the issues before breakdown.
- Opening and closing the museum as per the standard protocol, checking the exhibits for normal operations and communicating any safety/performance issues.
- Daily walkaround of service rooms and checking for any abnormalities.
- Carrying out reactive maintenance on civil, carpentry and plumbing works and assisting other Technicians with PPM and reactive maintenance works.
- Water quality checking, noting the meter reading of water and electricity and reporting for any abnormalities.
- Assisting subcontractors in the absence of the Supervisor or Manager.
- Birthday giveaway production and assisting the creative team in in-house workshops and camps.
- Events coordination and setup arrangements.
- Maintaining all tools properly and informing the Manager in case of any issues.
- Maintaining the inventory of spare parts for all exhibits, equipment, and consumables and informing the Manager ahead of time in case of shortage.
- Providing and promoting a safe environment for all guests and staff. Ensuring compliance to all safety, legal, quality and environmental requirements, policies, procedures and controls across the operation and conducting regular assessments of health and safety risks.
- Daily checking of all lifesaving equipment and identifying issues ahead of breakdown. Ensuring all First Aid boxes are well stocked and informing the Manager in case of shortage.
- Responding to emergency situations during and after hours, following and leading fire safety, emergency response and evacuation procedures.
- Assisting the floor team during busy times and field trips.
- Bachelor of Technology or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience as an MEP Technician (mechanical, electrical and plumbing).
- Must have basic knowledge of Carpentry and Civil works.
- Good grasp of the English language.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt at prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
TRAITS & CHARACTERISTICS
- Self-starter with leadership skills.
- High level of accuracy & attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Lots of positive energy, respectful of diversity, friendly and a team player.
- Adaptable to perform a variety of duties.
- The role is expected to be physically demanding and the candidate must have the physical and emotional capacity to deal with the roles requirements.
- The noise level in the work environment is highly variable, from quiet to loud.
- Working days: 6 days a week (weekends and holidays work are required).
- The working timings include morning and/or evening shifts – shifts up to 9 hours per day (8 hrs. duty + 1 hr. break)
- Uniform/dress code required.
***Apply only if you are based in Doha, in possession of a valid QID and available to meet in person***