About the job
Time Out Doha is looking for an experienced, dynamic Editor to lead the production of its daily content across news, listicles and features on timeoutdoha.com and associated social channels. Based in Doha, the ideal candidate is experienced in all aspects of digital content creation, audience growth, and using data to inform content strategy. Applicants should be dialed into the city’s going-out scene, with a strong understanding of local preferences and the hottest happenings in town.
- Responsible for daily content creation and editing across Time Out Doha digital and social platforms, including news, listicle and feature formats.
- Responsible for planning, managing and executing Time Out Doha’s seasonal print products.
- Plan, write, edit and publish an agreed daily volume of digital articles to timeoutdoha.com using Time Out’s CMS.
- Ensure daily content targets and goals are met.
- Oversee newsletter content curation and dispatch.
- Oversee and manage Time Out Doha’s social media channels.
- Regularly check and track evergreen, long-form content.
- Produce and present weekly reports to the Group Editor.
- Work with video team to create successful video content relevant to your area of expertise.
- Work with the Group Editor to create and manage a digital editorial calendar. Keep it current, identifying commercial and audience opportunities within it and communicating them to other teams.
- Work with the editor and editorial director to ensure ALL content reflects Time Out’s overall content / editorial strategy.
- Ensure Time Out’s editorial standards are met, all relevant copyrights have been cleared, content is optimised for SEO and content meets local and legal guidelines.
- Have your finger on the pulse of the local scene, quickly identifying emerging trends that will make great content.
Personal Attributes And Essential Skills
- Excellent grasp and understanding of SEO best practices.
- Ability to articulate and repackage existing content so it works digitally.
- A demonstrable passion for and excellent knowledge of digital content creation.
- Highest standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize accordingly.
- Flexibility and a professional approach at all times.
- Fluent English; Arabic desirable.
- Education: Must be educated to degree level or equivalent industry experience.
BenefitsBenefits being an ITP employee is an opportunity to be part of the largest content creation house in the region and provides the luxury of working with global brands and experienced industry leaders.