About the job
- Prepare the detailed step-by-step completion program based on the requirements in the Well Prognosis including the detailed specification of the completion accessories setting depths, completion type, weight and grade of tubing and wellhead design. Review the well data for potential problems.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks to ensure that the completion is installed safely and efficiently
- Arrange for all completion services such as the make-up of sub-assemblies and the tubing running services and ensure that all contractors are aware of the completion schedule and when their services are required to deliver efficient and problem free completion operations.
- Monitor the operations on the assigned rig (on call 24 hours a day) and maintain close liaison with the Drilling Supervisor, Operations Engineer and completion service companies.
- Recommend any revisions required to the completion program to ensure the completion objectives are met and that costs are maintained with budget.
- Supervise the operations at the rig site during the running of the completion equipment, the installation of the x-mass tree and during any unplanned operations such as fishing of completion equipment to mitigate and resolve operational problems during the installation.
- Participate in the preparation of tender documents for contracts relating to completion services or equipment and participate in the technical evaluation of tenders to ensure that new contracts are based on appropriate technical specifications and that contractors are technically acceptable.
- BSc. in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline plus relevant technical courses in completion design, drilling operations, wellhead design and well control.
- Must be computer literate.
- Minimum 15 years of completion engineering and offshore operations.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with a major IOC or NOC.
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and in writing)
- Energy and enthusiasm for delivering a “problem free” operation.
- Ability to make the correct operational decisions based on systematic analysis with rigorous attention to detail.
- Ability to coach and support Qatari Development staff.
- Experience with a major service company who specialize in the manufacture of downhole completion equipment (Baker, Halliburton or Schlumberger)