About the job
- In particular ensure that: safety and well integrity are never compromised and that operations are performed in compliance with the Drilling Reference Manual (DRM) and Corporate HSE requirements.
- Plan and prioritize activities and allocate resources to ensure that the well objectives are achieved in a timely manner and within budget.
- Provide written instructions to the Drilling Contractor Tool pusher, Service Personnel and Night Supervisor (when on duty) prior to specific operations.
- BSc. in an Engineering discipline or equivalent (Petroleum Engineering preferred).
- IWCF Certified at Supervisor Level.
- At least 15 years’ experience in drilling operations including 8 years as an Onshore Drilling Supervisor
- Experience of at least 5 years with a major IOC or NOC in a similar position.
- Knowledge of Process safety related to drilling operations and proactive approach to managing HSE
- Experience in drilling high deviated and horizontal wells.
- Experience in workover operation, fishing, recover old completion, cement squeeze, section mill. Strong leadership and people management skills with a good awareness of cultural sensitivities.
- Excellent communication skills in English (demonstrated verbal and written skills)
- Commitment and passion for managing HSE.
- Energy and enthusiasm for delivering outstanding performance and going above and beyond normal expectations.
- Ability to make the correct operational decisions based on systematic analysis with rigorous attention to detail.
- Ability to coach and support Qatari Development staff.
- Knowledge and experience with high H2S operations
- Experience with simultaneous production operations (SIMOPS)
- Knowledge of the STOP intervention program.
- Use of the Open wells reporting system.