About the job
Title: HSE Specialist (Onshore Pipelines)
Location: Doha, Qatar
Duration: 2 Years
Provides necessary support and assistance to the Head of HSES Pipelines, to ensure all aspects of the Project has the HSES Systems and processes, services and support needed to achieve project goals related to onshore for safety, environmental and regulatory, industrial hygiene, occupational health, security and emergency preparedness and response.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
” Works effectively within established policies and procedures, and participates in the further development of these to meet changing needs.
” Understand organizational authority and seek appropriate line management approvals.
” Works in a highly visible project environment with large capital expenditures and significant schedule execution pressures.
” Demonstrates willingness to tackle a variety of tasks in response to evolving business needs.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Provide oversight and guidance for HSES / regulatory compliance/performance during the installation and hook-up phases offshore
2. Champion on-site safety awareness and safe performance with Contractor and among the Project Team; Support HSE&S Tool Box Meetings with Contractor’s team,
3. Monitor Contractor’s activities for compliance with Contractor approved Project HSES procedures, during installation and hook-up phases offshore, liaise with Company team, Contractor, sub-contractor, vendors suppliers as needed; develop strong working relationships with Contractor and Sub-contractor HSES personnel.
4. Liaise daily with Contractor HSES Officers to ensure the effective implementation of all Project HSE&S requirements,monitor daily the Contractor’s activities and performance and report to the Head of HSES Pipelines the Safety performance and the data related to the Contractor compliance with the Financial KPIS requirements; coordinates delivery of specific HSE&S related trainings as per the Competency Matrix and ensures accurate records are maintained; monitor Contractor /Subcontractor HSES staffing and experience levels and effectiveness. Report to Jacket HSES Lead, in case of deficiency.
5. Enhance at Project onshore locations, the risk awareness and support / monitor the Project Behavior programs by ensuring at least 90% availability on site; provide leadership and support to Contractor and Sub-contractors HSES networks with particular emphasis on less empowered and experienced HSES Officers.
6. Review with Project Package team and Contractor, at Contractor sites, the “On the Job” training sessions for the benefit of the workforce; Implement IIF Cards (or equivalent) and support Contractor for deployment at offshore work sites,
7. Ensure with Contractor HSES team the correct implementation of the 10 Life Saving Rules Program (or equivalent) at Contractor work site and intervene, record and report to Head of HSES Pipelines, when violations are observed; analyses all unsafe behaviour and condition datas and propose trends improvement actions,
8. Perform daily inspections using “safety tools” (e.g. JSA’s Method statements, PTW, compliance check lists, Financial KPIS check sheets, Comply/ Intervene/Care check lists);Check regularly the Actions Tracking Register and advise the Jackets HSES lead on actions closure progress,
9. Daily PTW review to ensure all PTW’s and supporting documentation requirements are fully and properly implemented; participate in incident investigation and provide information to the Head of HSES Pipelines and lead any incident data analysis and trends identification.
10. Any activity not immediately endangering the personnel but not in line with Contractor Project Procedures, not respecting the Country HSES Regulations and not in line with International Standards, shall be immediately communicated to Contractor HSES officer or Onshore Construction supervisors for immediate corrective action.
Part B: Person Specification – Minimum Requirements
” Safety qualification / discipline diploma or Professional Occupational Safety accreditation as NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience
” 10 + years of major project experience,
” Experience on similar position on major projects offshore,
” Experience of Asian ship yards with multilingual workers,
” Experience in offshore installation activities.
Technical and Business Skills
” Good level in written and spoken English,
” Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and persuasive,
” Strong communication skills; capability to effectively interact with individuals.